Pic of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
    Impala getting its' last wash and vacuum. Have sold it after 33 years ownership, buying as a bit-beat-up original through a co-worker of Gail's and restoring around 2000.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0704.jpg Views:	0 Size:	308.6 KB ID:	1329061
    Beautiful car - are you said to see it go?

Comment

• Very. It was the wife's favorite and I wish we'd used it more. Unfortunately now time to downsize.

I gotta say, people acted very weird around this car. People had to touch it, run their hands down the side of it, sit on it, park their car right next to it in an otherwise clear part of a lot. It could never be left alone, not even to run into a store or fast-food, somebody would always have to stand outsize and watch so some guy wouldn't hoist his wife up onto the hood to take photos...or drop trash into it. I would wind up actually yelling at people and they would be looking at me all big-eyed and hurt and teary and still not stop rubbing on it, it was bizarre. My own Dad would have to carry and swing heavy construction tools right next to it, literally an inch away when there was all kinds of room around, like he was daring something to happen and of-course it eventually did, "I'M ALRIGHT!" he said in his meanest old-man voice when I begged him for the Nth time to stop that behavior and then, BANG, right into the corner. On the road, guys would try to get you to pull over, a biker acted like he was going to block my way, once a man nearly drove into oncoming traffic while he couldn't stop yakking at me, I had to be the one to stop and make him watch what the H he was doing. And I always had a half-dozen insistent offers to buy, for half of what it was worth or less. I will not miss any of that part.

A younger guy and his wife loved it, know their stuff and were willing to step up so it's theirs now.

Comment

• I was wondering about this car just the other day. Wish I had called you........it's a real sweetie.
        Last edited by oletrux4evr; November 19, 2022, 08:42 PM.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• From the Frozen Tundra

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	939
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1329107

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20220529_213105.jpg Views:	0 Size:	877.5 KB ID:	1329116 This is how you get the government to move car parts. Turn them into a coffee table! Yeah, I known, not very pretty, but it served the purpose...
            Last edited by dave.g.in.gansevoort; November 20, 2022, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Helped a mate pull this out of a shed Saturday, 40 Olds assembled by Holden. It was driven into the shed in the early 80's.

Apparently there were less than 50 built and most were used by the US navy here during WW2. Given the colour and how plain the interior door cards are I'm guessing this could be one of those cars.

We tried to get the motor running once we got it to his place, the motor would hit but then the old starter would disengage .

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pic_1119_302.jpg Views:	0 Size:	586.0 KB ID:	1329120

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pic_1119_304.jpg Views:	0 Size:	364.4 KB ID:	1329121
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Two Lane Blacktop.jpg Views:	0 Size:	384.0 KB ID:	1329122
              Last edited by 65RHDEER; November 20, 2022, 11:27 PM.
              Tim
              Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Plan is to get it on the road with the original running gear.

Name:	Pic_1119_306.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	1329125Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic_1119_301.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	482.9 KB
ID:	1329124
                Tim
                Melbourne Australia

Comment

And I always had a half-dozen insistent offers to buy, for half of what it was worth or less.

yeah. i HATE that, especially when they get mad and start the
                  "youll never sell it with that sh#tty attitude" line. uh, helloooo
                  do you see a for sale sign on it? you asked ME.

or "i know where theres one just like it for $5k less..." well why
                  you trying to lowball me then, go buy that one instead if thats true.

man, i hate people................

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                    man, i hate people................
                    Lol, just not wanting to be labelled a misanthrope has been a primary reason I have yet to fully give in...
                    Last edited by Loren; November 21, 2022, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=65RHDEER;n1329123[/QUOTE]

Ya know, what I'd also like to see is some better pics of that Ute.

Comment

Ya know, what I'd also like to see is some better pics of that Ute.
                        The ute is a 06 Holden Crewman SS, originally a 6.0 LS and T56. The 6.0 that was swapped out to a 5.7 by a previous owner and my mate wasn't told it didn't have a 6.0 untill he went to freshen it up a year after he got it

This isn't that ute, a photo from the internet, think of a Pontiac GTO of the same era this is just the four door ute, and of-course thee is a two door ute.

Name:	06 Crewman.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1329165
                        Tim
                        Melbourne Australia

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1679838341896.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1334701

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1682008984402.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	1335915
                            Attached Files

Comment

• so good you had to post it twice?
                              i agree 100%!

heres one i drool over all the time.
                              not mine--but i sure wish it was!
                              what an awesome combo, and color
                              matched to boot.

Name:	hellyeah.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1335917

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	tur.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.4 KB ID:	1335981hello big boy.
                                Last edited by 2020 mustang; April 21, 2023, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X