No announcement yet.

Pic of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ferrari club of America had a 50 Year anniversary event at Elkhart lake/Road America tonight. I thought I’d check it out. As I’ve said many times, from a machine standpoint these cars are amazing, but hundreds of Ferrari owners in one place, ugh, it’s like a D-Bag convention.

I NEED to tell this quick story, you’ll get a charge out of it.
    Me and my Son (Age 7) took our Javelin into town, oddly as we were looking for a parking spot in town, we got lots of pictures taken of us(?) and thumbs up which is odd for a rambler in that fan-base.
    So we wander into the crowd to check out the hardware, some great cars. I love the old stuff.

We are a few cars down from the F40 shown, looking at some modern “F-Whatever” spec racer Ferrari, and my little guy who is really liking all the cars asks, “Does this car have turbo power?”

Random Ferrari fan with large camera states arrogantly, “No, this is naturally
    aspirated” (Like 7 year olds know what aspirated means)

I then stated jokingly, “Only the best Ferrari's have turbos”

Ferrari fan with large camera states, “Ferrari's don’t have turbos!” Looking at me like I’m a complete tard. Then starts babbling about FI Ferrari’s only had turbos, bla, bla, bla.

I then simply state, “F40?!”

Ferrari fan with large camera looks confused, turns to spec racer owner and asks, “Do any Ferraris have turbos?”

Ferrari owner answers, with a condescending look on his face “I dunno?”

Ferrari fan with large camera looks at me confused, I smile politely.
    With my work done here, My little gear-head apprentice move away, looked at more cars, had ice cream, and generally enjoyed the evening :D.
    We both agreed this F40 is one of the best cars ever made. Until now I’d never gotten a close look at one of these, they are seriously ‘serious’ cars.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mike343sharpstick; August 1, 2013, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Saw this on another site...
      Note the Euro plates.
      Probably cost $1 per mile to drive it over there.

Comment

• That Escalade is a gas saver compared to a BigBlock Chevelle!!!!..and yes..im broke
        Last edited by Blazerteam; August 2, 2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Help

Comment

• Beer ship for sale in Sweden..looks rough,but is inspected and registred.

Last edited by Blazerteam; August 4, 2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	3a9bdf52a9118dc3e8b9b9028b8f1fee.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	871693
                          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by NightShifter
                              So I was checking out the hood of a Mustang today that's been said to no longer exist...
                              If you could see the whole picture it gets much more interesting
                              what's up with the holes?

Comment

• Time Wasters...
                                http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Working...
                                X