No announcement yet.

Shipping an engine to Perth Australia??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping an engine to Perth Australia??

I know we got some members from down under, so I figured I would throw this question out. I have an engine and someone in Australia is interested in it, maybe I can get some ideas about how I get a quote.

I have never shipped anything internationally and could use some help.

Thanks,
    Eddie

Re: Shipping an engine to Perth Australia??

sounds expensive ........

Comment

We use a company called Fast Forwarding to ship our engines to England. I think it'spretty expensive, maybe a couple grand, but they get there in a couple days. I'm sure there cheaper ways to do it.

Being in south Fl you should be able to find a brokerage company to tell you exactly what you need to do. The EPA needs to get their hands in it too.

It's not hard, just paperwork.
      Cognizant Dissident

Comment

BOSteve has had a lot of stuff shipped from the US to Australia, but I'm sure nothing that big. Maybe he can help anyhow. 8)

Comment

At work we ship product around the world, but nothing as big and heavy as an engine. I would try FedEx freight. They have their own planes and go 'round the world. They can help with the customs forms too! With some carriers you cannot track your product, but FedEx will show you where the product is at. Put it on a pallet and make sure that it is built strong on the sides and top...and get ready to spend some $$$!

Comment

Working...
          X