HOT ROD October 2008 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOT ROD October 2008 issue

WOW...our lil town made it into HOT ROD in this issue....see I'm from Chowchilla...and I grew up eating burgers at that Mammoth Orange....my mom worked there in 62 in high school.....and again when she was a grandma in 98.That place had the best food you could find.Coldest ,freshest orange juice.....DAMN I miss that place.....if any of you have ever traveled highway 99 North...you know that orange......glad to see it wasnt just bulldozed under.
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Re: HOT ROD October 2008 issue

Not to mention some guy from Boston got his pic in there....Nice Article Brian. I dug it.

Even the Turks got some Photo's....Way to go Keith and Tonya...

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Thanks man.

As you guys all know, the Turks are just the coolest.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
        Not to mention some guy from Boston got his pic in there....Nice Article Brian. I dug it.

Even the Turks got some Photo's....Way to go Keith and Tonya...

Seth
        Wow and the gave you a hole page. Good stuff

Comment

Brian great editorial, very true and I still think most NHRA fans are past or current racers.

Comment

It was cool when Rob asked if I wanted to do one, those are fun because you get to have an opinion that's all yours.

They needed to give me a whole page because of my massive Irish potato head...ha!

Brian

Comment

This one?

Ha.....I may not have gotten the Crapper shot at Maxton....But this is a good one ;)

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                It was cool when Rob asked if I wanted to do one, those are fun because you get to have an opinion that's all yours.

They needed to give me a whole page because of my massive Irish potato head...ha!

Brian
                I feel the pain on the big head thing, dahm helmet I want only goes up to 2x and is still kinda tight are there so few people with big mellons that simpson can't make 3xl cruiser? I hope to see more of editorials from you in the future, and this seemed to be the best issue in quit a while.

Comment

Seth....I demand that you destroy that photo...jasus.

I've got some stuff in the staging lanes of a historical nature...the photos need to be pulled from the archives for the stories so I'm hounding his arse...he he.

Lots of good stuff to come in there in future issues.

Brian

Comment

Great article Brian..... already got my tickets for the 1,000 foot Nitro sessions at Memphis!!!!

Comment

Had the car back out to the strip lately?

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        Had the car back out to the strip lately?

Brian
                        No,after the Pump Gas Drags we started thrashing on my son's Duster for the Mopar Nats.I took it to a couple of local car shows and several cruise ins. I have swapped the transmission out for a trans-brake equipped 727, I got my mini tubs installed, now they are moving my springs inward so I can run 315 radials on a 12 inch wheel. Once that is done I will make some passes down in Gulfport,Ms. when we go to Cruisin The Coast in October. What I NEED is more POWER!

Comment

Sweet!

You car and a couple of others (like the Buick) were the inspiration for a bunch of plotting for a second class next year. Nothing is in stone but the conversations have been happening and I think it would bring a good new dimension to the event.

We'll see how it plays out, but I justy wanted to give you an FYI.

Bitchin' car...even better that you get out there and abuse it!

Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X