Stupid foot!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid foot!!

Went to the doctor today hoping to get rid of my cast. No luck. The X-ray showed that not only is the first metatarsal(we knew) but also the second metatarsal is broken.

Two more weeks on the crutches then I can start walking in it.

I'm sure I'm getting off easy compared to some, but it sure will be nice to walk again.
    Cognizant Dissident

Re: Stupid foot!!

That sucks Dude....Sorry to hear it.

I can't believe they didn't see that the first time... :-\

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I can send you tips for cutting off your own casts. There a certain hospital's broken bone department who said I'm not welcome there anymore. Bloody Air Force doctors have no sense of humor.

Better to be on a cast for a couple of weeks more than have issues down the road.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'm lucky, I have an Air Cast. I can take it off every night. My foot swelled up so much they had to take the hard cast off.
        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

consider your self lucky i was in a cast for like 10 weeks went in complaining about arch of my foot(right)hurting when i put weight on it .x ray-ed poked prodded put cast on right then and there(torn ligament in bottom of my foot).
          try and drive a small foregin clutch car home with a cast on a size 14 foot, it was work comp got 80% pay for 10 weeks did i stay off of it while I was off LOL 4 new casts in ten weeks one had body filler dust in it

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, I was welding on one of my car doors, patching it, and I had a bad patch burn back and splatter, went into my shoe, set my sock on fire, and a chunk of metal sunk into my ankle.
            Never had soo much pain trying to walk for such a small burn area.
            Well, plus didn't help my sock was on fire. :o
            Andrew
            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Dave - that SUCKS!

even worse that it's summer - and you're missing our all too short bike riding season.

just aint fair.

next time when doing heavy construction- wear steel toed boots --- course, the TOE probably would not have helped in this situation.

Man - what a bummer.... I hope it seals up soon.... does beer help the healing process?
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

is it your clutch foot?

Comment

Dave -
                  Sorry to hear that. I broke a foot (similar break to yours) during my brief foray into heavy equipment repair in Walled Lake. It's definitely a pain, but convinced me that I was in the wrong line of work. I think you, on the other hand, are in the RIGHT line of work - just stay away from that construction work aspect.

BTW - the shop is WAY cool - especially that room around the air compressor. Folks - Dave works at a race car shop that houses, among other things, a tractor-trailer rig that's bigger and better equipped than my whole shop. Quite a place. He got wounded building a small room to keep the heat and noise of the air compressor out of the rest of the space.

Best of luck
                  Dan

Comment

I broke my foot about a year and a half ago, was off work for almost 4 months! The upside, once I could finally walk without crutches, I was in the garage working on the car. I got lots done! ;D
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                      Better to be on a cast for a couple of weeks more than have issues down the road.
                      ^^^^
                      what he said

Good Luck and don't rush the process just let it heal like it should !

Comment

I've been hobbling since yesterday. While helping my friend Carl fix his 67 Chevelle we were at his storage unit getting parts and extra jack stands. He tossed the jack stands out of the garage without looking and one hit me right on the inside ankle bone. Do we have a funny bone there because it sure felt like it? While hopping around screaming obscenities I inadvertently put weight on it and it was like my foot wasn't there so I fell down bruising the knee too. I have real trouble getting in and out of the work truck and it's 38 inch tires.

Getting out of bed this morning really sucked. Really stiff. Driving the work car wasn't a problem, but hefting luggage in and out of the trunk was because I used my left knee to help lift them. Not only that the ankle and knee both stiffen up if I sit down for twenty minutes.

I'm having a bad week. While working Wednesday night for a movie premiere some rat bastard ripped off all my center caps from the Caprice while the car was sitting at work. My neighbor Bill better watch his Monte Carlo because I just completed getting a set of the exact same caps for him from Squirrel and Carl.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'm really getting the itch to ride the bike. I'm pretty sure I'll be trying it in the next couple weeks. The doctor was happy with the healing, jusst a couple more weeks to be sure.

I'll keep you guys informed.
                          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Working...
                          X