Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well the Stude finally came home today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well the Stude finally came home today...

I'll start a topic in the project garage section, but I finally retreived my Studebaker wagon today. Let's just say that this ain't Seth's Chevelle.

The good news is that it needs EVERYTHING...but I knew that already. I've got a line on a garage for rent with heat for the winter (my house is garage less). I hope to start tearing into the car soon. I had a guy offer to buy it off of the trailer when I was towing it home today. I can't say I wasn't temped. They only made 1522 of these things.

Here's the first batch of photos. If you have a weak stomach beware. My long term goal for the car is to create an "agressive cruiser". It's going to keep the Stude 289 but I am going to swap in a Stude R1 or R2 (factory high performance codes) cam and turbocharge it. I plan on ditching the carb and trying a MS system as well. My goal is to make 400hp out of the motor and from my early dealings with the Stude crowd I have been told that it more than reasonable. I'll probably put a GM OD trans behind the motor.

I want to keep the interior basically stock (it is TOTALLY thrashed now) and paint it black.

I have no plans to tub it or do anything of that nature but I do plan on getting as much tire into those wheel wells as will fit in the back and some of the skinnier variety in the front.

Obviously these are all LONG term goals now. The is the first car I have ever had to come-a-long OFF a trailer because it was on three flats when I got it home. Lots more photos to follow in the coming days, but here's the opening salvo.

That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Well the Stude finally came home today...

OH YEAH!!!! Just enough work to get you in trouble ;)

Did you get a tetanus shot recently? ;D ;D ;D I love it.....So Cool.

I am stoked for you Brian....Now I have someone to talk to when we are both in the doghouse for spending more time with the car than our Wives... ;D ;D

Congrats Dude.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Sweet, I was wondering when this car was going to come back to the lime light. Keep us up to date in the Project Car section
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Pop rivets and some rolled out cans will fix that. ;D

Awesome project!
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Looks like fun - good luck and keep us informed on the progress. Glad to hear you aim on keeping the Stude power plant. 8)

If there is a God, then there is a good chance that Mrs. Lohnes will "leave the lights on" ;D

a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Tom, if there is a God I won't get bitten or contract Rabies from any of the vermin currently habitating this fine vehicle...ha!

My wife thinks I'm on drugs...I tell her it was the lead paint I munched on as a kid.

Thanks for the congrats. I'm currently in the Holy F@#K stage....but I keep reminding myself that I'm on no ones schedule but my own.

Thanks for the well wishes...I'm going to need them. ;D

Brian

Comment

Man im excited for this one..... Very very cool.

Comment

Geez! I wouldn't even know where to start, great car though. That hood ornament is wild! Good luck.
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Thanks dude.

After swapping out the three square tires and getting it into a place with a roof, I am going to basically field strip the thing....that's the only way I can think to start because everything needs something although the front windows crank up and down like brandy new.

Brian

Comment

Just take it slow and easy....Bag/label all your bolts, nuts, and screws....and remember how it comes apart.

You will probably find within the first 3 minutes that it is greatest adventure of all....I did.

Just remember to drop in at your house occasionally and kiss the Wife ;D ;D ;D

Most of all have fun....That thing is going to be awesome 8)

And putting a little rat poison in the car wouldn't be a horrible idea :

Seth
                    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta
                      Pop rivets and some rolled out cans will fix that.
                      I was gonna suggest window screen and bondo....but that might be even worse....

Might want to spend some time to get to know the car before you blow it all apart.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

With the first pic or pics we saw of it in the weeds when you bought it sometime back I thought cool project congrats but .......there is NO WAY your ever going to get it done.......or even driveable . (Although it didn't say it ) but really it looks 5% better now that it's out of the weeds . LOL seriously (Hope its not to late ) 50% really. Keep the caps,just put some wide steel wheels behind them,with some sort of locking device. I'd hate for it to suffer from The Streets of San Fransisco(old 70's tv show ) -itis .(caps flying of on every cornner .

Comment

Dude that thing just oozes cool, best of luck with it...those rockers are beyond gone, hopefuly the frame faired beter eh?

Comment

Anybody wanna donate a 55 gallon drum of Bondo for Brian?
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Love the car Brian. It looks to be in just a little worse shape then my wagon. Have fun with it and take your time. I'm almost to to bare frame stage with mine and now the fun begins. Aw who am I kidding, tearing it apart was fun too. ;D
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X