Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White letters, Whitewalls or Blackwalls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: White letters, Whitewalls or Blackwalls?

Depends on the car. One thing I don't care for is off brand, Walmart white letter tires! They just scream, "I spent too much on the car and didn't have enough money for good tires!"

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Regal
      Depends on the car. One thing I don't care for is off brand, Walmart white letter tires! They just scream, "I spent too much on the car and didn't have enough money for good tires!"
      much agreed....names like turbo radial, road hugger, etc...truck tires get worse with stupid names.

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw57
        Originally posted by Turbo Regal
        much agreed....names like turbo radial, road hugger, etc...truck tires get worse with stupid names.
        Agreed. Truck tires can some really stupid names. I did have some Comanches on my Jeep Cherokee though. I thought that was kinda funny.

Comment

Generally, blackwalls. But my Dakota just looks RIGHT with RWL's. (I LOVE my Dak). Unfortunately, I got a good deal on Yokohamas, and they say "GEOLANDER" on them - what ever THAT means. Not as dumb as - say - "DUELlER", which I have seen.

Dan

Comment

Back in the early 80's, there was a older guy that would show up in the neighborhood. (At the time probably in his mid to late 20's). I was 16. Anyway he had this bad-ass pro-street 67-68 Camaro. all black with gold anodized centerline wheels. This dude was God to us. Didn't ever know much about him. Just loved his car. Anyway I seen the him cleaning the Camaro in someones driveway. I decided to stop and check out his car.

He looks and admires my 70 El Camino. But he tells me it would look a lot better with blackwalls instead of my rwl's. I took his advise, and I have never went back to rwl's. Even on my everyday drivers to this day.

I always wondered where that car is now.

Comment

Working...
            X