Eyes On Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes On Design

I just got a PM on Lateral-G from someone that says he is affiliated with an event called "Eyes On Design". Supposedly it's suppose to be some event at the Ford Mansion in Michigan where they feature cars. I would imagine from the name of the event it focuses on design. It's in June and he wanted to know if my car would be ready by then and if I would be willing to take it up there.
    Has anyone heard of this? The name rings a bell but I can't tell if it is going to be worth my time or not. ???

He says it's very prestigious! Is it?

John

Re: Eyes On Design

Quick Google search brought this up.

The 2007 EYES ON DESIGN SHOW Best Fatherâs Day Car Show in Town By Steve Purdy TheAutoChannel.com Detroit Bureau âAerodynamics and Streamlining â By Designâ is the theme for the 20th Eyes On Design car show, a Fatherâs Day tradition for this reporter. The family functions always have to go on without me until I get back home in early afternoon after I spend the day with one of the best, most eclectic car shows of the summer season here in Southeast Michigan. I always get there in the early light as they bring the great cars onto the huge front lawn of the Edsel and Eleanor Ford mansion on Jefferson Avenue just south of 9-Mile Road on the shore of Lake St. Clair. Eyes On Design, a benefit for the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology, has been one of my favorite shows for years because of its emphasis on the design of automobiles and other things vehicular as opposed to rareness, restoration, classic status and the more traditional show criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Novanutcase

He says it's very prestigious! Is it?

John
      It's the most pretigious invitational car event in Michigan held Fathers Day at the Edsel Ford Estate on Lake St Clair. My Dad was invited last year with his '56 Olds. You can read about it here.

For the past few years on Father's Day weekend I would head down to Bowling Green, KY for the Hot Rod Reunion. This year was different for a couple of...

While I was walking around there last year one of the powers that be asked me if Big Olds was going to be done soon. I said yes....so.....I just might see you there. ;)

Comment

Thanks Denise!

John

Comment

Working...
        X