Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found my car

Believe it or not, but look for yourselves. ;D
    Way back when I was 15yrs old I was looking for the car I fell in love with when I was I child. My grandpa's 67 Cougar that he ordered in late 66'.(He still has it, and it looks like new!)
    When the time came for me to buy my first car I looked everywhere and finely found it in the one place I never thought of. The December 1987 Hot Rod Magizen, where they used to have classified ads. I went to look at it and bought it for $2500 cash. When I got it home I I tore every part and piece and started a complete ground. After it was done I sent it in to Hot Rods Readers Rides. Then in August 1992, there it was! I was happy as hell.
    Seance then the car has been overhauled a few times. The latest one is the most drastic.
    Car has been back halved, caged and a wild small block thrown into it.

Lets here from you about that car you had to have, and found.

Re: Found my car

NOt the kind of story you are expecting but after the "new" Dodge Rams appeared I had to have one...I was just out of H.S and a noob in the USAF and I was going thru beater cars like oxygen....I got orders to Aaska and decided it was best fo me and the wife and kids if we got rid of the Pontiac Sunbird I had and got a Suburban...I loved this truck but it was not the ram I lusted after...after a couple 2 years my Burban blew an engine, I replaced it then the first gen 4L80E started to go south....I tried desperatly to trade the truck in for a new truck but it just wasnt working out....I stumbled onto a lot that had a dark blue 99 Ram on the lot it was a demo with a few miles on it but the dealer wanted to unload it and wanted to unload it quick, we did some paperwork and he called me the next day and said it was mine..bring in the burban....I went and picked up my truck and have not stopped grinning since....Funny thing is I got the truck in the winter in alaska...its dark by 4...so what I thought was a DARK BLUE Dodge Ram..turned out to be a Deep Amythest Pearl Dodge Ram...so when we got home my wife woke me up in the AM and asked why the truck is purple.....LOL, I couldnt belive it.....I had a purple truck.....and I loved it

Comment

When I was 12, I got a calendar full of cars. The August page had a 65 Impala SS in Marina Blue. I liked it so much; I cut it out and kept it. I still have it hanging on the wall above my desk.

In '96, I was tired of driving and smogging my 73 Impala. It was a OK car, but I always wanted a 65 SS. After bending my 73's axle housing and looking at a $1200 bill to build a new one; I used it as an excuse to go after the car I really wanted. The car I bought for that $1200 had a junker engine/tranny in it; but I didn't care. I had a 383/th350 in my 73 I could use. I did. I kept both cars for four months then I parked both in my boss' warehouse nose to nose and performed a heart transplant. Everyone I knew thought I was nuts. My Dad was sure I replaced by an alien replicant. His son would never remove an engine from a perfectly good car and put it into an older/uglier one. Only my few carjunkie friends gave me encouragement. It only took me 17 years to get that car.

This is how the car came out after I bought wheels/tires and replaced the rear springs. I really goofed on those measurements. I ended up cutting them twice since this picture to get what I have now.

I often get asked if my car is for sale. I recently had some guy flash a wad a cash at me to show he was serious. After what I went through to get this car; would you sell it?
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Not on your life. But if you decide to sell it, let me know! ;D
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

The Falcon that is shown below all my posts is the one that got away, but had a happy ending. If I remember right, I saw this car when I was 8 years old. It started my interest in old cars. I used to see it from time to time rumbling around town with it's Boss 302, Chrysler 727 trans, chrome reversed wheels, and radiused rear wells. We moved around alot, but I never forgot about the car, and when I turned 15 I was looking for a Falcon. This car was for sale, but I couldn't afford it and Dad said no because of it's street creds. I instead bought my '60. After I graduated high school I dated a girl who wanted a Falcon so we went looking and guess what popped up? That same old '63. I encouraged her to buy it and we went and picked it up. On the way home I dusted a 5.0L LX Stang. It was 289 4 speed powered at the time. We dated for a few years and I worked on the car which consisted of her coming home from college, pounding the car, breaking stuff, and me fixing it while she was away. We moved to VT together and then promptly split up. When she graduated from college she called me and asked if I wanted the car. I had put the exact amount down on a new Mustang GT the day before. I called the dealer, got my deposit back and bought the Falcon. I went to her parents house in NY to get it and it was parked where I left it a few years before. She said she could never get it started, even when other guys she had dated tried to help. I checked the fluids, aired up a tire, checked the distributor, found a shorted wire in the dual point. Just a little bit of electrical tape later and I drove it home, 275 miles to VT without any problems. I did some digging and found the guy who drove it back when I first saw it. He bought the car from a friend in '69 and it was built long before then. He pulled a K-code 289 with 2x4's out and put the Boss 302/727 combo in it in '71 and then sold the car in '81. We're supposed to get together sometime and he's going to give me a bunch of pictures he has of the car from the late '60s-70's. He wanted it back, but I'm not selling. It will never leave my hands again.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
            The Falcon that is shown below all my posts is the one that got away, but had a happy ending. If I remember right, I saw this car when I was 8 years old. It started my interest in old cars. I used to see it from time to time rumbling around town with it's Boss 302, Chrysler 727 trans, chrome reversed wheels, and radiused rear wells. We moved around alot, but I never forgot about the car, and when I turned 15 I was looking for a Falcon. This car was for sale, but I couldn't afford it and Dad said no because of it's street creds. I instead bought my '60. After I graduated high school I dated a girl who wanted a Falcon so we went looking and guess what popped up? That same old '63. I encouraged her to buy it and we went and picked it up. On the way home I dusted a 5.0L LX Stang. It was 289 4 speed powered at the time. We dated for a few years and I worked on the car which consisted of her coming home from college, pounding the car, breaking stuff, and me fixing it while she was away. We moved to VT together and then promptly split up. When she graduated from college she called me and asked if I wanted the car. I had put the exact amount down on a new Mustang GT the day before. I called the dealer, got my deposit back and bought the Falcon. I went to her parents house in NY to get it and it was parked where I left it a few years before. She said she could never get it started, even when other guys she had dated tried to help. I checked the fluids, aired up a tire, checked the distributor, found a shorted wire in the dual point. Just a little bit of electrical tape later and I drove it home, 275 miles to VT without any problems. I did some digging and found the guy who drove it back when I first saw it. He bought the car from a friend in '69 and it was built long before then. He pulled a K-code 289 with 2x4's out and put the Boss 302/727 combo in it in '71 and then sold the car in '81. We're supposed to get together sometime and he's going to give me a bunch of pictures he has of the car from the late '60s-70's. He wanted it back, but I'm not selling. It will never leave my hands again.
            That by far is one of the coolest stories I have ever heard....

Comment

I would have bought my 73 Monte carlo brand new if I could have, exactly the way it
              is. I saw it running around town about 10 years ago and then it popped up in the local paper
              for sale. I always wanted a triple black 73 and there it was 15 miles from home.

Comment

"A man and his car." You have got to love it. It's right up there with"A man and his dog" ;D

Comment

Working...
                X