The 68' Chevy II I asked about......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 68' Chevy II I asked about......

Already has 2 offers both over 10K....for a 6 cyl chevy II!!! WTF is this world coming to??!!! Its a super nice car dont get me wrong, but prices are out of control for these cars. It really takes the fun out of this hobby anymore......

Re: The 68' Chevy II I asked about......

Who are the other people that offered? I think he's bluffing you.

Comment

Here's the basic conversation paraphrased after some bs'ing.....
      Me- "Well before I make the drive to check this car out in person I have to ask if your willing to entertain offers of significantly less than your asking price"

Him- "Well yes, but ive already had 2 offers on it"

Me- " Ok then I guess i need to know where those offers were at so I know if I need to bother coming down"

Him- "Well one was for 10K, the other just higher"

Me- "Well I guess this is the end of the line for us guy, I cant give you 10K for that car. After doing some research I dont think the market calls for it, but good luck with the sale"

Him- "Well thanks kid. I have your phone number and ill give you a call if neither one of these guys come through in the end"

Me- "Please do, see ya"

I may call in another week to see if everything went down or if he still has it, DAMMIT I WANTED THAT NOVA!!!!! > >

Comment

you'll end up with it...he bluffing, we've all done it to help a sale.

Comment

I've never said that I had other offers for cars. That's just cheesy.

I have told people that they should have taken an offer because it's twice what the car is worth. Not to people selling a car in their front yard, I'm not that rude. But dealer types trying to cash in on a old car, I let some of those guys have it.

Comment

Yeah that would be sweet if he was trying to BS me, but im not going to get my hopes up

Comment

Dunno if this is lame or not but I played the role of a plant for my buddy when he was selling his Firebird.

He let me know a guy was coming to buy it but was trying to low ball him. I "drove by" hopped out of my car and as they were looking at it gawked at the car and repeatedly asked if it was for sale. Then I offered the asking price and the other guy got pissed...told my buddy he was there first and paid the asking price.

:D

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                Dunno if this is lame or not but I played the role of a plant for my buddy when he was selling his Firebird.

He let me know a guy was coming to buy it but was trying to low ball him. I "drove by" hopped out of my car and as they were looking at it gawked at the car and repeatedly asked if it was for sale. Then I offered the asking price and the other guy got pissed...told my buddy he was there first and paid the asking price.

:D

Brian

That's awesome!

Comment

now thats funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    ebay calls you a "shill bidder", don't they?

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That would be me...ha!

From wikipedia, "the shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services or a political group, who pretends no association to the seller/group and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer."

I should have won an academy award. ;D

Not to put this totally off the rails, but when I worked at the fleet garage in college we had this dude who worked in the parts room he was a real strange, but hilarious guy. He'd spend his lunch breaks playing what he called, "the dangerous game". This consisted of driving the price of random objects up on eBay for the sake of doing it. Not cheap stuff either. He came within like 3 minutes of buying an old animation cell for like 2 grand.

I suppose in the end the both of us are just a couple of low down dirty shills. ;)

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I'll tell you what Brian, if I ever have an item on epay that's not doing well, I'll send you an email so you can bid it up!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Boy,I'm SURE GLAD I kept all my Nova's(11..) ;D. I bought nearly all mine back in the mid-late 80's when they were nothing more than 'poow folks A-TO-B transportation.' Now,the well-heeled 'Baby-Bommer's' are closing in on them . But.......if you look around,you'll still uncover some cheap gems out there ;). ~OO6.

Comment

body work costs .. if you don't have to do it .. could be worth it

Comment

Brian is a shill to the bone....Funny though.

Seth
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                              X