Studebaker burnout!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker burnout!

This may be a little silly, but here is a '63 Studebaker powered by a 289 Studebaker V-8 doing the burnout thing. Thought you might like to watch :

Studebaker V/8 4V auto trans 3:31twin traction rear end

Re: Studebaker burnout!

How long does it take to get the rubber off the quarter panels after one of those?

Silly!
    Dan

Comment

I didn't ask, but he might have to use a putty knife! The guy races this thing fairly successfully at his local track. He also tows his daughter's jr. dragster with it.

Comment

joe cool video,I love old studes.Had a basket case 47 m5 pick-up till the neighbors got sick of all the projects and had to thin the heard .

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
          joe cool video,I love old studes.Had a basket case 47 m5 pick-up till the neighbors got sick of all the projects and had to thin the heard .
          Those M series trucks are nice. I would love to get a big truck (1 1/2 +) put a Cummins in it for a car hauler.

Check this site out for more pictures of the Lark and of the daughter and her drag racer.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

I have a friend that he and his dad are big into Studes .They have the 36-38 red and silver dictator that ran in the Greatrace about 12yrs ago, a'53 starlight coup,a bullet nose convert. a 42 I think (has some cool headlights) that needs restored and an actual coup express ,a Avanti 289 stude powered , M16 ( 1 1/2 ton ) on a bronco
            frame with 42 X 26 tires. Now there putting a 63 grain truck cab on a F-350 straight frame .I'd like them to put a oil burrner in it but they will probly put a 460 in it so they can get back to the convert.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
              I have a friend that he and his dad are big into Studes .They have the 36-38 red and silver dictator that ran in the Greatrace about 12yrs ago, a'53 starlight coup,a bullet nose convert. a 42 I think (has some cool headlights) that needs restored and an actual coup express ,a Avanti 289 stude powered , M16 ( 1 1/2 ton ) on a bronco
              frame with 42 X 26 tires. Now there putting a 63 grain truck cab on a F-350 straight frame .I'd like them to put a oil burrner in it but they will probly put a 460 in it so they can get back to the convert.
              I believe that is George Ritenhour (sp?). He is known also for his knowledge of Studebaker Watches. I really nice guy. The dictator that he ran in the Great Race is a really neat automobile. I have seen it a few times.

Comment

Close, he gave it to A. Hadley who co-drove and co-built it, because he is in bad health.

Comment

Studebakers were cool,my brother inlaw had a "56 Studebaker Hawk with a 421 cu inch motor,a 62 Lark with a 305 V8,then a "65' Daytona with 1st a 409 Dual Quads and then put in a Cadillac 390 with 3 Deuces.

Comment

Originally posted by PYSCHOWard
                    Studebakers were cool,my brother inlaw had a "56 Studebaker Hawk with a 421 cu inch motor,a 62 Lark with a 305 V8,then a "65' Daytona with 1st a 409 Dual Quads and then put in a Cadillac 390 with 3 Deuces.
                    COOL stuff . I love how they followed the beat of a different drummer,styling wise . And weren't they the first to offer factory super charging?

Comment

Cool

Comment

Originally posted by terry russell
                        Cool
                        I see you've sbc'd a s-10 fellow newbie. I've done three m'self,love those things .My first two were 355/300hp turbo 400 3.42 rear. headman shortys to 2 1/2" duals had converters on both pipes. Lost so hearing in my right ear because I had the slider open 365 days a year. last one I built was a 4.3 5-speed tbi thati stuck a 305 tbi in just to see if it would run right.It did. If I do another , it will be w/a bravada all-wheel drive t-case.

Comment

Working...
                        X