Old Hot Rod Magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Hot Rod Magazines

My Grandpa called me this morning and gave me HORRIFIC news.
    He had been collecting Hod Rod Magazines for years!!!!!, up until last night when he found they where gone. My Grandma had hired a couple kids to help her clean out the basement. Most of the stuff went to the local thrift store, the rest went to the dump, and with it went the magazines. He asked her what happened, and not knowing, she threw them out. Needless to say she feels horrible, and has been apologizing all day. Gramp's is a little upset, OK alot upset, but he can't get mad at her. They have been married for 53 years and would died for each other. He says he will not stop saving them and hopefully will have a couple of boxes of them when it's all over with. I can only hope that will be a lot of boxes.

I love you Gramp's

Re: Old Hot Rod Magazines

That sucks....my wife knows that throwing mine out would be VERY BAD....

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I lost half of my collection in an appartment fire.I got lucky, only the box on the bottom was ruined.
      Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Depending on how old those were, it was quite a bit of $$$.

Comment

I think he started in the late 50's

Comment

Those aren't as good as the early '50s, but you can get at least $5 each for anything '72 and earlier.

Comment

I could care less about the money. they where something my gramp's had collected and was going to hand down.

Comment

I have a "collection" that is spotty from 1967 to 69 then pretty solid till the mid nineties and I switched to super chevy- even got a few old late fifty early sixtys in rough shape. they stink, my wife wants them gone - I am starting to agree but I still get a kick out of grabbing a handfull and checking out the old school stuff. where is a good place to unload these things to someone who would appreciate them? they are not mint, some are well worn and covers missing, but there must be 4-5 hundred of them musting away in the basement.

Comment

Man that stinks - like loosing a family heirloom... for once, a woman is in the doghouse!

Don't feel too bad, in the end - it's only stuff.... I moved mine (started with a gift subscription at age 9 in '79) three times and finally burned them all in a huge bonfire at the Ohio house before I moved up here - I burned a lot of stuff in that fire - was getting divorced and moving at the time - it was a very "cleansing" experience.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

My step-grandpa gave me his collection, it was from the first issue, to
                    1974. One of my ex's threw em out in the snow on me.
                    By the time I got home from work, they were toast.
                    I could have killed her!

She later found out how much $$$ she threw out-I
                    dumped her ass, then took everything that wasn't bolted down.
                    I surmize it was likely thousands of dollars she threw away...

Comment

My wife knows how I am :P. She dosen't throw ANYTHING away without asking me first ;D.
                      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
                      X