standing mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standing mile

I realy would like to run my bone stock L98 gta(except 3"flowmaster exhaust and a T5 trans up to 140mph .Does any one think I would make it or would I run out of room first? I have four kids and a great wife so I can't try it on the interstate.

Re: standing mile

I know the race director at one of those events... ya really ougtha try it... fun stuff... where do you live?

K

Comment

i will be there in april in my 99 Z28 with minor bolt ons. hope you can make it out

Comment

I'm 15 min. east of indy but,I have lots of friends and relitives in the Greenville S.C area.Plus my oldest daughter will be going to coledge there next fall so I"ll be near Maxton from time to time.I like taking it to IRP but just as I'm really getting this heavy thing to move it's over.(it's loaded down withe everything but T tops) I think I'm the only 2005 longhauler that mowed their grass half way thru the tour.)

Comment

I think it might hit 130 in the mile. Keith?

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
            I'm 15 min. east of indy but,I have lots of friends and relitives in the Greenville S.C area.Plus my oldest daughter will be going to coledge there next fall so I"ll be near Maxton from time to time.I like taking it to IRP but just as I'm really getting this heavy thing to move it's over.(it's loaded down withe everything but T tops) I think I'm the only 2005 longhauler that mowed their grass half way thru the tour.)
            "just because you are going the long haul doesn't mean you get out of doing your chores."
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Honestly tried sbc-ing a cub cadet once...........too bad the chevy ran the opposite way than the koler twin!

Comment

actually it might be a 140 piece... depends on how high it is really....

K

Comment

Keith ,I'm sorry but,I got lost on that one.( depends on how high it really is.)Are you talking about the car or the altitude?

Comment

I bet 135

Comment

actual altitude in inches off the ground.... the lower it is the faster it will be... if it's slammed correctly the car will run 15-25% faster...

K

Comment

Thanks for the educated guesses every one . The car is stock hieght w255-16-45 or
                        50 what ever the stock profile was.Whitch means it could come down 2 to 3 inches. Should I run it w/ or w/o the rear wing? I'll check back tomorrow I have to leave for work 5 1/2 hrs.(It's 11:30 P.m. here) and I'm not getting to much sleep since I've found all of you guys and gals on the site!

Comment

you really need to watch out for that race director guy at maxton though. If you see him without a diet coke, find one and hand it to him, hes much more approachable with on in his hand ;D

Comment

Hey Keith or any other salt Lovers,
                            Iam going to be at Bonneville this coming year for a few days. How about a little primer for us salt virgins!
                            I met Rick Byrnes and he told me to give him a shout for any help,but I figured Id ask here first.
                            Going to spectate first but who knows about the future. Thanks Doug
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.
                            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

that's great!!!!!!! COKE is my fav. beverage I usually have the leaded premium version in my hand.( all the sugar and all the caffine) now it's 12;00 here this is addictive. I REALLY AM A CAR JUNKIE. Is there a12 step program that can get me to go to bed?

Comment

Working...
                              X