Hannah's Comin'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannah's Comin'!

Well, it looks like Hurricane Hannah is getting tired of Hispaniola and will soon be heading north. Now the track has here coming ashore between Charlestown and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and on into the eastern part of North Carolina. Batton down the hatches boys and girls!

Re: Hannah's Comin'!

.. and Ike, and Josephine, and ...

Comment

We're heading to Raleigh on Friday - already have motel reservations. Call me a coward, but I'd just as soon not be here when she is. The shop should be fine, but we might get that new roof we've been wondering if we needed.

Good Luck to All
      Dan

Comment

batten down the hatches and good luck

Comment

There for a second I thought you were getting drafted to go to a Hanna/ Montanna concert ! Your not in anywhere near as bad a possition as a couple other members when their girls or girl neices b-days came up!

Comment

Hanna, Hannah is my wife. I'm hoping for some rain from Gustav here but I'd be happy if we are spared everything if it means no tornados.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Hannah doesn't look very angry... sorry guys... just not a wicked storm... Yet

Cat 1... Yawnnnnnn

Opal... now that was a Hurricane... Katrina was fairly obnoxious... but a cat 1?

K ( all that sounds like 4.0 quakes to help you californian's sort it out )

Comment

So my grandfather and dad have had a family business running for 35 years. I think that proves they are pretty good business men. It's a pallet and box business.

Anywho, the price of plywood is skyrocketing as these hurricanes are driving demand and most every major supplier has reduced production this year because of the dearth of homes being built.

About a week ago, my grandfather took one of the company trucks (A big International flat bed) and bought as much plywood as he could legally load onto the thing. He cleaned out a couple of home depots and a small lumber yard.

Today he sold it all to a lumber broker for 3 times what he bought it for.

He's pushing 80 years old and is as sharp as a freaking tack.

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Very Nice....You have got to love American ingenuity...Sounds like good business to me.

Seth
                  200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Okay so that's where the wits came from Brian.... Who you going to try and credit with the Looks?

LOL

LIFE IS GOOD...

Keith

Comment

Turk...ya bastard. ;D

No one will claim responsibility for my looks...ha!

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                        LOL
                        LIFE IS GOOD...
                        LOL
                        ;D

Tropical Storm Hannah with only 70mph winds, looks to miss Florida entirely, which is no big loss really ..

.. but big brother Ike at a Catagory 4 Hurricane already has 145mph sustained winds and is projected to run right up the middle of the state. :P

Comment

Hey Guys, just got my DSL and phones back online , we only lost power for about 8 hours ( we are lucky that we are on the same grid as the local hospital, other areas could be out from 7 to 9 days). The storm in our area was not a big deal other than a few trees down ,but down in the bayou it's pretty bad , also the Baton Rouge area got it's butt kicked ,may be out of power for 2 to 3 weeks . Now we're hoping that no other storms are coming our way and if any of you are going to be in the way of Hanna I feel for ya, even if it's a light storm make sure you take it seriously, you never know what can happen (one of my neighbors nephews employees died when a tornado hit his house during the storm ). All y'all thank for your support and you guys on the east coast good luck with the storm.

Rob
                          LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER !!!!!!

Comment

Rob, whacha got in that '63 ?
                            Looks bitchin' !!

Comment

Rob -
                              Thanks for the good wishes. Glad that it wasn't too bad for you, and best wishes to those folks who caught the brunt of it. Keith's right - Hannah shouldn't be too bad. Still, I see no reason to actually SEE it. So we're going to Raleigh, which is projected to be out of the storm path.

Later
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X