Burnouts R.I.P.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnouts R.I.P.?

Are burnouts dead? I know there are a lot of us that said we are going to send a vid in, myself included. But there has to be those who did. I just moved about two months ago and my car has lived in the garage under a cover and surrounded by boxes. I promiss, I will get it back into the sun light soon and send in a vid.

Re: Burnouts R.I.P.?

Ooh, I just remembered, my friend who video'ed my Skylark's Burn Out video will be here in a couple weeks, perhaps I can get one of the Centurion, even though this thin air hurts power bad, I'm sure I can still pull it off.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Guilty....I will have to get it in this weekend....Rocking the PegLeg...

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Nothing wrong with the pegleg. Keeps the car straight during the burnout. Just remember to get the videographer on the correct side of the car! (Chuckling to myself at the idea of a pegleg burnout from the non-burnout side)

Dan

Comment

burnouts aren't dead yet.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 5, 2016, 09:43 PM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

No video, just the aftermath pictures.

SRI Performance cruise night has a burnout contest. I won...wish some one had a video. That is one continues burnout the length of the building, plus some. They will have a burnout contest at every cruise night for those of you near Mooresville NC. Third Thursday of every month, 5-9 PM

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
              No video, just the aftermath pictures.

SRI Performance cruise night has a burnout contest. I won...wish some one had a video. That is one continues burnout the length of the building, plus some. They will have a burnout contest at every cruise night for those of you near Mooresville NC. Third Thursday of every month, 5-9 PM
              Looks just like the Roush building you took us to a couple years ago Lars -
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Have you seen the cost of rubber lately.. Hard to toast 600.00 for a photo op.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
                  Have you seen the cost of rubber lately.. Hard to toast 600.00 for a photo op.
                  There's that, and I had a set of throwaway tires for Red, and I intended to do it with them (a burnout). But then Red's wheels got wider all around for the road courses and those tires wouldn't fit on the car anymore (that's my excuse). I gave those ties away.

But I've got an even better excuse. Good tires cost a lot (^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^) and I've got an even better excuse than that. Since I don't want to burn the tires off, I don't know how to do a burnout. Red's road course tires are so good, when you dump the clutch, they just grip and GO.

Some of the collective "us" won't even remember when young Jeff Gordon won his very first NASCRAP race. He tried, but he didn't know how to a burnout himself. Hendrick sent him to burnout school and Jeff was REAL good at it the next race he won, which was soon after. It's a training issue, and not caring at all about the tires.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I don't think my truck could.
                    the little g80 diff grumbles the back end.

4th gear buries at 3500 or so... I let it go another thousand before fifth.
                    at 130 something, I don't want to second guess tires.

I stop there because the rating of "S" is overspun already at that point.

I see burnouts and assume no top speed for more than a mile...
                    still like to see them.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

Looks just like the Roush building you took us to a couple years ago Lars -
                      It is. They got out of parts sales and sold to Greg Fornelli, who owns Stock Car Steel. Things are very laid back now, with most of the same employees as Roush / Yates had. The used and new parts business is growing above and beyond what it was.

Comment

Working...
                      X