My Top 10 list of things to do before I die!!! Car Junkie style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Top 10 list of things to do before I die!!! Car Junkie style

Since I am a crazy car nut this is my list of things to do before I die.

1. Go to Bonneville and go balls out.
    2. Do the Standing Mile
    3. Hit the Autobahn and make sure Germany remembers me forever.
    4. Really make sure Germany never forgets me by hitting Nürburgring and leaving my mark.
    5. Go 8 seconds in the Quarter mile.
    6. Hit a road course and impress everyone there.
    7. Do a rally race in an American Musclecar.
    8. Blow up a civic at Knob creek.
    9. Go on an African safari in an old military Land Rover.
    10. Pass on my love of cars to the kids that I may have one day, and if for some reason I cant, pass it on to some other kids may know at the time.

Bonus: I want to fly in a MIG fighter Jet and break the sound barrier in Russia!!!

So anyone else have a better list?

Re: My Top 10 list of things to do before I die!!! Car Junkie style

"1. Go to Bonneville and go balls out."

You do that in Bonneville and you'll be in a world of pain. Even wearing shorts is bad enough as the sun reflects off the salt... don't ask me how i know. :-[

Comment

Hey there are a lot of cool things there for sure.

Mike

Comment

1. Go to Bonneville and go balls out. Done
        2. Do the Standing Mile. Done.
        3. Hit the Autobahn and make sure Germany remembers me forever. Never really that interested.
        4. Really make sure Germany never forgets me by hitting Nürburgring and leaving my mark. See number 3. Nt tat I wouldn't do it if given the opportunity...and the plane ticket.
        5. Go 8 seconds in the Quarter mile. Does it have to be legal?
        6. Hit a road course and impress everyone there. Doubt I'll ever do that.
        7. Do a rally race in an American Musclecar. Working on it.
        8. Blow up a civic at Knob creek. Blew up a Civic in Eagle Rick.
        9. Go on an African safari in an old military Land Rover. No, but drove to Alaska in a WWII Jeep.
        10. Pass on my love of cars to the kids that I may have one day, and if for some reason I cant, pass it on to some other kids may know at the time. Guess that happens for me in the next few days.
        11. I need to run the Baja 1000.
        12. (number 1, really) Need to get into the El Mirage 200 Club.
        13. Need to drive a Funny Car, at least alky.
        14. Discover more backroads America at every opportunity.

Comment

I'd say we've fairly well covered Bonneville... but that's one you can't ever get enough of.... couple of cars over 260 and I've got the standing mile thing done too...

Built a car to go 150mph on the autobahn... ( even had a Kilo style Speedo )... cruised all day at 135... drove it on the Ring...

Drove a Hummer at full throttle on the desert in the middle of the night wearing NVS goggles... in a combat zone... Iraq

Like 300mph.... Going Really quick on a Drag strip isn't for me... BUT I'm honest enough with myself to say that... and be a wickedly happy guy working from say the 15's to 11's or 12's... Point being... Advancing a car or my skill at any new venue would have value.. and I don't have to be the top dog to love doing it...

American Muscle car's aren't sports cars... get over it... if you need rubber band tires and 18" plus wheels to go 1 G and sport a chubby buy the right car up front... it will be much cheaper and leave another American car un-molested. (Or... do your own thing well and I'll simply enjoy the car when it's done... just not my thing )

Hey I helped blow up a Maverick? that's close isn't it? OMG Frankly I think EVERYONE should do this in thier life... one of the best times I've ever had.... Seriously Grand stuff....

I want to go to Africa and help someone up to a Podium in a place called Dakar... it's been one of my dreams for a million years... Here in couple of weeks the Dakar rally is going to be on and I'll fill all you guys in on how to watch it... Freaking incredible event... with American Hero's...

Now here's a wierd one... I want to write a kids book... about life and High school, education, money, basically a life starter type book for teens... The out line and a bunch has been filled in... and when I'm really bored I putt over there on this thing and stick in a few thoughts... it's no where... but leaving something behind that adds value is somehow important to me...

Get Freiburger, Tonya, and Chad in the El Mirage 200mph club... and maybe stick what's his name in the 2 club at Bville... ( I don't think there are any farm animals on the salt... )

Somewhere in here we have to put in the "Really long trip" on a motorcycle... like if it's not over a month it's not really a trip... I'm thinking like Belise... ( I don't care how they spell it ).... and No David I'm not doing it on a freaking 1973 Honda...

Comment

Originally posted by KJZ28
            3. Hit the Autobahn and make sure Germany remembers me forever.
            If I where you I would try item nr. 3 the last... ;D
            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I can't tell you my top 10 things I plan to do, if I did I would incriminate myself and the Cops would arrest me, so my top 10 list is secret ;D

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk

American Muscle car's aren't sports cars... get over it... if you need rubber band tires and 18" plus wheels to go 1 G and sport a chubby buy the right car up front... it will be much cheaper and leave another American car un-molested. (Or... do your own thing well and I'll simply enjoy the car when it's done... just not my thing )
                guess what its not cheaper... Lets say you buy a 25k car and race it...put 25k into an old musclecar and you have something that will be as good as a Z06 or better.
                I will molest an American car and I am doing it. I will never leave anything stock that I will ever own, and they will always be for the twistys. I love working on my cars.

Comment

I'm not a fan of G-force cars... I don't care for the rubber band tire look on anything... But those are my thoughts... you get to pick your thoughts and idea's...

No matter what I'll still enjoy your car if it's done well... it might not be how " I'd " do it... but quality work is just that... and extends well past what the car is....

Yeah that sounded like I was a concours geek... sorry bout that... I'M NOT... trust me... cutting up cars is what I do mostly... I already know how they do stock... we've got a bazillion test reports in Motor trend on that crap....

K

Comment

This thread topic reminded me to remind
                    everyone to check out a movie callled
                    The Bucket List w/Morgan Freeman
                    and Jack Nicholson.

Opens on Christmas Day! --- Cheers!

Comment

put 25k into an old musclecar and you have something that will be as good as a Z06 or better.
                      I'd love to agree, but I can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                        put 25k into an old musclecar and you have something that will be as good as a Z06 or better.
                        I'd love to agree, but I can't.

I'd love to egree, but I can't.
                        I couldn't think of any else.
                        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I would just like to get my car finished. I keep telling the wife and kids I want to be buried in it.

Comment

Anna Kornikova
                            Ashley Judd
                            Eva Mendes
                            Eva Longoria
                            The babe from the weekly show "Life"...

what, that's not what you meant?

Comment

I think this a list of things that could acually happen.

Nice list by the way.
                              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X