List of US tool manufacturers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of US tool manufacturers

In light of the announcement that Irwin Tool is moving production of Visegrips to China, I've decided to start this thread where we can post a list of manufacturers still producing quality tools here in the U.S.

Visegrips? What's next, duct tape?

Post away.........

Re: List of US tool manufacturers

Excellent - I THINK Cornwell still makes their stuff here, but I can't seem to confirm based on a quick view of thier website.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Estwing hammers. Superior quality. All three of my Estwings have seen heavy use for over 20 years and are still going strong.

Channell-Lock pliers. (At least the ones I bought recently are)

Klein. Screwdrivers, wire cutters, electrical tools, pliers.) I have Klein tools dating back to the mid 1980's. I still have every one I ever purchased except for a couple diagonal cutting pliers that got "zotted" due to operator error.

Comment

LS Starrett... but I'm betting some of the new stuff is off shore... ( cheap tape measures and junk )

Comment

Just picked up some wrenches from McMaster-Carr. Williams are USA made http://www.jhwilliamstoolgroup.com/Content/16.htm

And Martin Tool & Forge are too http://www.martinsprocket.com/toolhome.htm

Snap-On is USA made but Blue Point IS NOT and not covered by the same warrenty as Snap-On.

My favorite hammer is a 100 yr old "Plymouth" that belonged to my Great-Great Grandfather Valintin Handwerker. It still has "VH" carved in the handle.

Comment

I got lucky and found a full set of old Williams wrenches at a yard sale for $10.00 They're made better than most stuff you can buy these days.

Comment

Milwaukee is the only company currently making floor jacks in the USA.

Comment

Craftsman. And don't anybody even say Stanley .

Comment

Some Craftsman stuff is overseas.

Comment

Craftsman's stuff isn't as good as it used to be either. The internals on the standard ratches are junk (compared to what they used to be), the regular screwdrivers rust over after a short time, and the wrenchs just don't feel as good. And as mentioned above, they've been making stuff overseas too that's junk.

I've heard good things about the Cobalt (Lowe's) and Husky (Home Depot) tools. Even though their foreign made, they're supposed to be pretty good.

It's still tough to beat the quality of Snap-On, Matco, Mac, or Cornwell though.

Comment

I have used Husky Tools....Don't waste your money....They are junk...

I destroyed a ratchet in 1 week...amongst many other issues.

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I think SK tool is still US based. They make good stuff.

Comment

K-Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                            Milwaukee is the only company currently making floor jacks in the USA.
                            And nothing else... All of their powertools are crap. Except for their cordless impact gun... If it gets stolen at an event, I won't mind, considering what I paid for it...

Comment

It's a different company.

Comment

Working...
                              X