Unique Wheelie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Wheelie

This guy runs up to me and says "Mike make sure you get this, it's my buddies first run." I watched the starter help him get staged. It sounded like the engine was revving at about 12,0000 RPM. The light turned green and the kid left like the Space Shuttle. When I met him in the pits, he said the track was a lot stickier that he thought. After detaching the broken parts, Matt went back up there and made some good runs. Later in the day he was feeling a little embarrassed about the backflip. I tried to make him feel better. I told Matt the biggest crime is to be boring. He sure ain't guilty of that.
    Mike TPG

Re: Unique Wheelie

That's exactly what would happen to me.

Comment

I like the placement of the Yamaha sticker. I'm sure they didn't think it would be viewed at that angle.
      Mike TPG

Comment

Tell him not to be embarassed. It looked like a great "save" to me

Comment

Happened to my dad years ago when he drag raced bikes. He was stiff for awhile, but raced again next weekend.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Mike, you have some cool stuff to bring to the forum.. I love those nice action shots frame by frame, keep them coming!! ;D

Hey David... Your comment is some funny shit, almost spit coke allover the monitor...

Comment

I saved a wheelie close to that at the track by pulling the clutch in, but my body was still moving forward and my nuts hit the tank on the way down, and I almost passed out. I could barely hold the bike up when it was stopped. Had my head down on the tank, could not speak a word, and I had to be carried off the bike and nobody knew what was wrong, cause I didn't go down.

Comment

Too bad his face shield wasn't clear. I'd love to see the expression on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by ethelkilledfred
                  I saved a wheelie close to that at the track by pulling the clutch in, but my body was still moving forward and my nuts hit the tank on the way down, and I almost passed out. I could barely hold the bike up when it was stopped. Had my head down on the tank, could not speak a word, and I had to be carried off the bike and nobody knew what was wrong, cause I didn't go down.
                  Like pilots always say any landing you can walk away from is a good landing!

Comment

Working...
                  X