Vintage speed parts. You got 'em, let's see 'em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vintage speed parts. You got 'em, let's see 'em

K - well - Two of 'em brand new inna box - never used.

Well - used junk that a few years ago would be considered unusable, but apparently these days, guys are makin' like new. This one's off of a 383:

This wheel was first mounted on my very first hot rod back in 1979...I've kept it and it's moved from car to car since then, for a total of 4 vehicles, with a long holiday from about '85 to '95:

I have a lot of other junk I can't get to right now for photos...most of it's junk, including a beatup set of aluminum slot wheels, some VERY old Mopar LA headers and such....nothing worth talking about.

Comment

HURST WHEEL
      FENTON WHEELS AND OLD NOS DUNLOPS
      HAVE TO TAKE MORE PICS I LIKE THIS THREAD

Comment

This was at carlisle a couple of years ago. Would make a really neat coffee table ( kind of expensive though ).

Comment

decoste786,
          You must have taken that Carlisle pic the same year I took the pic of the Falcon 6 injection stacks. Same guy for sure, he always put that wind fence around his stuff. Somewhere I have a few pics showing the whole table. When you took that shot, there should have been that V-10 blower manifold at your feet.

Comment

Misc. tachs from one days junkyard search earlier this year.

Comment

SBF Edelbrock crossram.

Comment

SBF CROSSRAM!

YOU ARE KILLING ME!

I think I may have to buy one of those old tachs from you for the '54 steering collumn after the 292 goes in there...
                I figure it won't see much in the way of high rpm - maybe that faria that stops at 4000 would be enough!?
                ;-)
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                  SBF CROSSRAM!

YOU ARE KILLING ME!

I think I may have to buy one of those old tachs from you for the '54 steering collumn after the 292 goes in there...
                  I figure it won't see much in the way of high rpm - maybe that faria that stops at 4000 would be enough!?
                  ;-)
                  Talk to Screaming Detroit, that's his tach.

Comment

John -
                    The late Chevy inline sixes have a natural harmonic at around 6,000 (maybe all sixes do?), so you either need to spend lots at the machine shop to have 'em balanced or limit it to something like 5800 or so - the route I'm taking. So maybe a bit more than 4000 on the tach, but not MUCH more.

Dan

Comment

Well it's been a while, nobody has posted anything so I'll go again.

These are Grant/Spalding Flamethrower distributors. One used up SBC model, and a SBF unit that is NOS. These were supposed to be top of the line performance distributors in the late '50s, early '60s. They are somewhat rare, as they were expensive at the time.

Comment

Good evening, I am Jeff Murray, vintage car researcher. I have a customer looking for a Spalding Flamethrower that will work on a Ford 289. Might you have this ignition or know who does? Thanks, Jeff Murray

Comment

Welcome Jeff.....

Looks like VTJunk has what you are looking for.

Seth
                          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Nope, Sold it to a guy restoring a real Competition Cobra.

Jeff, the base is different depending on what engine it's for, but the top orange housing is the same from one to the other. If you find one, make sure it's complete with the rectangular distributor caps on the side, and that they are in good shape. Nobody makes them and they are almost impossible to find. I didn't have them for mine, but it didn't stop the guy from paying a mortgage payment for it.

Comment

Working...
                            X