Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hemi Dart

Originally posted by LO23
    its a real lo23 hemi dart.one of the few left in its as raced(original).was only raced a couple of years and then put away.
    BTW do we have a source for more of the story here?

Comment

No photos in the HRM Special editions that I could find.

I looked in the 3 I have:

Drag Racing
      Mopar
      Hemi Power

Which 3 am I missing?

KSO....Mickey's car is red with the white side panels right? Awesome neighbor! I'm sure he's got killer stories of his days racing with Harry Holton and kicking ass all over the country. Sweet.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
        Originally posted by VTJUNK
        Yep, Sat afternoon. The rain sucked, but the show was good anyway. Did you see the super clean gold '55 Chevy with the gold and white interior? That was a R&C cover car. I have some interesting pics of the owners other car.

Yeah I saw the 55,sweet car how about the blue Willy's he was cruising with. There was another beam 55 in primer and a 55 exactly like the American Graffiti car.
        Here's the gold one, and then next, his other car last year.

I was wondering if one of the black cars was this one after it was fixed.

Comment

Ouch...That sucks....I feel a stabbing pain in my eyes...

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

VT that could have been the other but I think the one I saw sat higher. You wouldnt by chance know the guy with
            the Ford rat rod coupe that says "a true Hot Rod" on the lower quarter would you? I think it had VT plates. My friend wants one like it

Comment

This is a real Hemi Dart....I was at Charleston, Illinois dragstrip when Lloyd McVey brought out the car for the first time. He had retired is 1963 Lightweight MaxWedge (which is another story all in its own). This Hemi Dart was still in primer, not even painted yet. I personally knew Lloyd as we had raised against each other a few times..IT IS A FACT...THE CAR IS REAL

Comment

Not so sure,I didnt see a roll bar in it.

Comment

old super stockers didn't have roll bars

Comment

I have a friend that has an original and it has a bar, alledgedly its on of only 3-4 left that is not hacked up, it is a beautiful car either way. Heres a few shots of it plus a few on the next page. http://kellyandersen.smugmug.com/Oth...09401556_soS4K

Comment

Working...
                    X