Hemi Dart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemi Dart

This was at the Adirondack Nationals. Is it real? As in one of the Hurst built cars? I don't know as much as some people on these (I'm more of a Tbolt fan) but I say if it isn't a real Hemi Dart, it must have been built back in the day. If you were building this now, would you have chosen that color?

Re: Hemi Dart

VT I saw that car too and wondered if it was legit as well. It was neat to see one in person like that though. You must have taken that pic Sat afternoon. I was standing there in the rain waiting for them to raffle off the damn motor.

Comment

Yep, Sat afternoon. The rain sucked, but the show was good anyway. Did you see the super clean gold '55 Chevy with the gold and white interior? That was a R&C cover car. I have some interesting pics of the owners other car.

Comment

Just did some research. The car is the real deal. Apparently it was raced for a few months then mothballed. The owner (lloyd Mcvey) went on to tractor pulling and had a great career, being inducted into the tractor pulling hall of fame.

Comment

I don't know the car, but I'll say it HAS to be real. Toooo bitchin'.

DF

Comment

Super, super rare...most of those cars had the rear fenders tubbed when rule changes allowed it, and to be competitive it was always done. Only the cars that had been put away and weren't racing any more escaped it. Looks like one of those. There is a guy around here with one (Mickey Weise), he bought it new and only raced it a season or two. Nice guy, I've had a chance to go over the car pretty well.

Most copies don't do the "seatbelt holding up the window" thing, or get the rr fenders to the appropriately-crappy level of "originality". Thin window glass is another indicator although it could-have broken and been replaced. Anyhow, like the Shelby Cobras, even the "repops" are cool...a good combo is a good combo.

Comment

that there is one of thoses intakes like on the chevell ss right lol J/k

Comment

Anyone have my "Mopar" photo magazine from a few years ago? It might have a shot of that car. I ran a photo of every single Hemi A-body I could find in the HRM archives.

Comment

Originally posted by jays67
                  that there is one of thoses intakes like on the chevell ss right lol J/k
                  and Z28 don't forget! lol
                  Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                    Anyone have my "Mopar" photo magazine from a few years ago? It might have a shot of that car. I ran a photo of every single Hemi A-body I could find in the HRM archives.
                    Got it in the basement collection. I'll go looking tonight, unless someone trees me.

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                      I've got it, I'll have to check it out and see if it's in there.

Comment

its a real lo23 hemi dart.one of the few left in its as raced(original).was only raced a couple of years and then put away.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
                          Yep, Sat afternoon. The rain sucked, but the show was good anyway. Did you see the super clean gold '55 Chevy with the gold and white interior? That was a R&C cover car. I have some interesting pics of the owners other car.

Yeah I saw the 55,sweet car how about the blue Willy's he was cruising with. There was another beam 55 in primer and a 55 exactly like the American Graffiti car.

Comment

what should the bidding start at ?

Comment

I asked Weise about price on his Dart and he shot me a look like he was tired of being asked about it. Later on his own he offered that...he had been offfered...over 200 thousand during the first musclecar bubble in the late eighties but then prices had backed down a bit...now they were well up again...in any case it was not for sale. In fact he was a little perturbed about the high value as it made him nervous about driving it. He did drag it out to do some exhibition passes for awhile 6-8 years ago, I know he got tired fast of all the trash talk from *-holes with lesser value cars who couldn't stand him having something that cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X