Any Carjunkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Carjunkies

As humans, we just HAVE to look for stuff - old cars in the desert, the origin of the universe, etc. I think this is fascinating! Saw the Nat Geo show last night, and the news coverage this morning. They ran some particles around the ring this morning for the first time, but haven't done any collisions yet, if I understood the whole deal correctly.

I'll see y'all on the other side of this reality.........

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by min301
      Speak for yourself...
      Ya I haven't finished my cars yet.

Comment

I have been in the "SLAC" (Stanford Linear accelerator Center) at the university, and I can tell you it is an incredible facility...thought I was in NASA control. It is not as large as the place in Texas, but very impressive!

Comment

Looks like the ol' collider needs an L-O-F and mebbe a fresh alternator.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I wa sjust reading about this thing before I saw this psot. What exactly is the point of this? They want to solve some "mystery", how many billion of dollars is being spent on this?

Comment

Basically, it will give a pretty close glimpse at exactly what happened just a few milliseconds after the big bang. They have run the equations and know what ought to happen if Einstein and Steven Hawking and others are correct, but you can't know the truth of it unless you gather data. This is raw research in it's purest (and I'd say finest) form, and the results are the kind of thing that likely will lead to all kinds of advanced technology with ramifications for everything from energy to medicine, and MANY areas in between.

Ain't cheap (Should they do this kind of research on the cheap? I don't think so!)
              Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                Basically, it will give a pretty close glimpse at exactly what happened just a few milliseconds after the big bang. They have run the equations and know what ought to happen if Einstein and Steven Hawking and others are correct, but you can't know the truth of it unless you gather data. This is raw research in it's purest (and I'd say finest) form, and the results are the kind of thing that likely will lead to all kinds of advanced technology with ramifications for everything from energy to medicine, and MANY areas in between.

Well, if that's the case, why didn't they just install a webcam in my toilet.
                There's a bigbang every morning for them to 'research'. Pure and raw energy are exactly the words I would like to describe this event with. Not sure about 'finest' though...

and the results are the kind of thing that likely will lead to all kinds of advanced technology with ramifications for everything from energy to medicine, and MANY areas in between.
                You sure about that?
                Sorry couldn't resist... lol
                www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Is it going to hurt? Getting sucked into a hole sounds painful.
                  Cognizant Dissident

Comment

All I got to say about the big bang is,it's just a theory.Same with evolution. It's funny if things get repeated enough how they are considered as fact with out actual scientific proof .

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
                      All I got to say about the big bang is,it's just a theory.Same with evolution. It's funny if things get repeated enough how they are considered as fact with out actual scientific proof .
                      Interesting...

Comment

BBBBBB OOOOO OOOOO M M
                        B B O O O O MM MM
                        B B O O O O M M M M
                        BBBBBB O O O O M M M
                        B B O O O O M M M
                        B B O O O O M M M
                        BBBBBB OOOOO OOOOO M M

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                          Basically, it will give a pretty close glimpse at exactly what happened just a few milliseconds after the big bang. They have run the equations and know what ought to happen if Einstein and Steven Hawking and others are correct, but you can't know the truth of it unless you gather data.
                          That's assuming the big bang took place without an outside force (apart from BBM's daily big bang, LOL). This is the wrong place to get into a discussion/argument about this stuff; I recommend www.pandasthumb.org for intelligent reading on the matter.

I'm a rather ardent creationist, BTW.
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                          X