Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got the new Metallica album, and 4 concert tickets...DAMN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the new Metallica album, and 4 concert tickets...DAMN!

All I am going to say is HELL YEAH I am digging the new album...I decided to live off mac&cheese and hot dogs for the next few months.
    {going back to 11 on the dial...}
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: Got the new Metallica album, and 4 concert tickets...DAMN!

Dude, I gave up on them after the Black album......Heard the new stuf on the radio the other night. I am interested in hearing more...still on the fence...

Comment

Oh I can't wait to get it. The 2 songs I heard on the radio were good.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

From the new song I've heard, it sounds like they kinda went back to the old style. I'll be buying the album when it comes out. I don't care what album it is, I like Metallica.

Comment

I love their new stuff and the new video as well.

Comment

Originally posted by smallblockjay
            From the new song I've heard, it sounds like they kinda went back to the old style. I'll be buying the album when it comes out. I don't care what album it is, I like Metallica.
            Yeah I didn't care for most of St. Anger. I just wasn't into the sound of somebody beating on a trashcan. ;D

They haven't announced a tour date for Cleveland yet but I've got my ticket scalper watching for me.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

One joke I've often heard tossed around is, "Metallica's next album had better be 'Unload.'" Would this one have been worthy of a name like that?

Comment

Um, YUP.

3-day weekend, just went out and picked up the new disc.

Just finished listening to the final track on the CD.......my assessment?

It's about damn time............LOL.......\m/.......... ;D.....Joe, get off the fence, and buy the damn thing already.

You won't be sorry.....and this is coming from a longtime fan that absolutely despised the load, re-Load and St. Anger experiments.

Comment

They're coming in concert here,but I bet the tickets will be gone before I make up my mind about going.

Comment

This is the best album to come out in a LONG time. Any genre, especially rock/metal. Im a rock/metal junkie and like stuff from Foo Fighters to Lamb of God. I just finished about 8 of the 10 songs and it is the SHIT!!!! Metallica is back in a big way. Its basically thrash front to back, huge solos and lots of octave playing. Big heavy rythm guitar and sweet lead guitar. Drumming is about par for the course for Lars and the new Truillo is very good on bass. Vocals are good on some track and ok on others but nothing that I think sucks. If you listen to Metallica for the vocals then your missing the entire point. Theres definately an element of "pissed off" thats been missing since the Black album and its back. I say if you dont buy this record in fear youll be dissapointed then youre a missing out. St Anger sucked ass and that makes this record that much better, its been 8 or 9 years since they put anything good out.... I highly recommend this record

Im going to see them in Des Moines on the 26th of october, i also must recommend that if you havent seen them live you need to quit being a pussy and just go do it. This will be my 4th time seeing them live, you will never see a better show......

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                      Um, YUP.

3-day weekend, just went out and picked up the new disc.

Just finished listening to the final track on the CD.......my assessment?

It's about damn time............LOL.......\m/.......... ;D.....Joe, get off the fence, and buy the damn thing already.

You won't be sorry.....and this is coming from a longtime fan that absolutely despised the load, re-Load and St. Anger experiments.
                      I a wiht you there....Load and so one were just aweful IMO...I know there are others that disagree but to me they started going downhill with black....I liked black dont get me worng but it was way different that previous stuff...I may have to buy it if its on iTunes.....

Comment

Is Metallica, or anyone else, still making "albums?"
                        Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Hell, I paid $10 for it at Best Buy.....then again, I prefer having a physical version of it.

If I still had a record player, I'd have bought the vinyl version as well...play hell trying to find one, but would be cool.

Be careful listening to track #5.....tends to make me drive fast and aggressive....

*jcharliem, believe it or not, some bands still do issue their releases on vinyl in addition to modern forms of media*

Comment

I just downloaded. Sounds like the real thing again.

Comment

Bought the album for ITunes Yesterday.....So far so good....

I like it.

Seth
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                              X