• Show
Clear All

Re: In Need or Carjunkies Wisdom

THAT is an excellent candidate for a 392 new style hemi crate motor
    mopar used to have those nascar short track kit cars based on the aspen
    bob lambeck ran one in pro stock

Comment

Not bad Spidey, but this dude is on a SERIOUS McBudget....the 360 for it is a freebie(the original 360 is LONG gone, has a rather dubious 2 bbl. 318 in its place).

I bitch about lack of space in the engine compartment on my '85 Camaro....we had'em side by side yesterday, and I have a virtual mile-and-a-half worth of room comparatively...no joke.

I would have doubts about being able to stuff a 440 in that pig with out resorting to a blue nose wrench and a BFH, let alone a Hemi of any variant.

Comment

With alot of legal problems from drinking and driving on new years and child support and just all other bills in fact I am on a short budget, But it will have one bad ass 360 back in there and I am working on getting a 6pack outfit for it.

Comment

Good for you for saving it. My buddy has a 79 Duster package Volare that his Grandfather bought new with 40,000
          miles hes going to be digging into that soon. I think they are neat cars when done nice that one should be sweet.
          Good Luck.

Comment

found link while looking at my web stats.....

That was when owner #2 had it, I'm owner #3. He was my Best Man in my first wedding, good friend for many years. Owner #1 was my Best Man's brother-in-law, I was an usher at his wedding in the very early '80s. We had to crank up the torsion bars when that pic was taken to get rid of the rub in the front with those tires and the aluminum slots on it.

The A67 code on the fender tag would be correct, yup. Send me the VIN? I've been finding and saving Super Coupe and Kit Car VINs since the late '80s. Drop me an email to [email protected] if you have any more questions about the Super Coupe package, I've been collecting stuff on these cars since before I bought mine in '89.

Super Coupes always had the E58 "cop car" 360, not a 318. I don't remember seeing one with a 904 right off the top of my head but I have seen them with both lockup and non-lockup 727.

If you're not interested in using the stripes and they're in good shape I might be interested in buying them. I have a partial set stashed away but I am always looking for the missing pieces to complete my set.

Fix that car, it's rare and normally doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Originally posted by SpeedJunkee

Comment

As of right now I do plan on useing the strips, the car won't be the original color but it will have the stripes on it. Tiresmoke! and I was at the shop today and had it running. Some one took the 360 and the 727 out of it but I have a truck bloch on the stand right now for it and a 727 trans on the floor. I am getting a bunch of parts together for it so I can work on it this winter.

I do need to know if anybody knows if a 74 dart leaf springs would work under it.

Comment

That 2-choker 318 fired right off......too bad the 360 and 727 are splitsville.

Guess this is a GOOD thing...no qualms about defiling a numbers-matching vehicle...LMAO

Comment

As of right now I do plan on useing the strips, the car won't be the original color but it will have the stripes on it. Tiresmoke! and I was at the shop today and had it running. Some one took the 360 and the 727 out of it but I have a truck bloch on the stand right now for it and a 727 trans on the floor. I am getting a bunch of parts together for it so I can work on it this winter.

I do need to know if anybody knows if a 74 dart leaf springs would work under it.
                  Originally posted by tiresmoke!

Guess this is a GOOD thing...no qualms about defiling a numbers-matching vehicle...LMAO
                  Hey guys I was at the speedway sat with VORTEC RS and the wives at the camaro/f-bird show and swung by the shop. Couldn't beleive at 5:20 and speedjunkie's not there! See you have the car sitting on the axle.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA

Originally posted by tiresmoke!

Hey guys I was at the speedway sat with VORTEC RS and the wives at the camaro/f-bird show and swung by the shop. Couldn't beleive at 5:20 and speedjunkie's not there! See you have the car sitting on the axle.
                    It is just sitting on it untill this weekend. Tiresmoke and I went to a swap meet Saturday, then to the suds for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                    X