Freaking Insane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freaking Insane

Andy Jensen, a drag racer out of PA (and a buddy of our own Doug or LS7GTO) has a world beating 1968 Camaro Pro Mod built by Tim McAmis.

Now your thinking massive blown Hemi on alcohol...wrong
    Ok, so it's a huge inch Fulton/Sonny Leonard motor on nitrous..wrong

It's a single turbo canted valve SMALL BLOCK

He just ran this lap in Rockingham:

L) Andy Jensen - 3.901 et - 191.19 mph (**WINNER**)
    (R) Stan Allen - 4.579 et - 121.13 mph

Holy Cow, Jensen with a .979 60' time and the front end of a Pro Nitrous ET record!!!

Quick analysis...

His 60' time is getting into the area that blown alky dragsters and funny cars tread
    The car accelerated to 191 mph in 660 feet....SERIOUSLY

That number is getting very close to indicating that this car could potentially run in the 5 second zone in the quarter mile, a place that a turbo car has absolutely never been close to. This guy is some kind of mad scientist or evil genius. He's out classed every other turbo drag car in modern history with this thig...and it's a freaking small block.

Sorry to freak out...but if you are a drag racing geek, this car is unparalleled.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Freaking Insane

Sweet F-ing Jesus:

L) Andy Jensen - 3.873 et - 191.59 mph (**WINNER**)
    (R) Keith Baker - 4.380 et - 129.54 mph

Oh my goodness!!!! After a .966 60', well just look at the numbers for the new ET record... Just amazing!!!!!

This is a 5 second 1/4 mile car.

Brian

Comment

Hey,Brian,that's Andy just being Andy ;). The man's GOOD. REALLY GOOD. ~OO6.

Comment

Slight correction Agent...he's THE BEST

He just wiped the floor with "Trickie" Ricky Smith...and has 3-f'n tenths on the guy he is to face in the finals.

R) Rickie Smith - 3.957 et - 188.89 mph
        (L) Andy Jensen - 3.875 et - 191.70 mph (**WINNER**)

HUGE matchup right here between the two of the fastest cars in the class this weekend. Smith runs a .95 & is not even in the game & Jensen takes the turbo ride to the finals with another ET record!!

Comment

NEVER discount the goodness of a Mouse motor...mwahahaha!

Sounds like a wild-ass ride!

Comment

Anyone remember His Blue,Turbo'd '64 Slplit Window 'Vette(with the stretched nose/wheelbase..)with the Bruno? Simply off the wall 8)! ~OO6.

Comment

He's one round away from being the first guy with a turbo car to win a PRO MOD race ever.

I know turbo cars have won all kinds of drag radial and small tire stuff, but none have won at this level.

Hold your breath.

Brian

Comment

It's ceritanly NOT your average,mega-motored Pr-Mod,THAT'S for SURE. I remember the some of the BS the othe Pro-Mod guy'z were giving him & the Car a few years back at Cecil(County Dragway...),my,how things have changed ;D ;)!! ~OO6.

Comment

DOH!

Jensen must have had it set on puree...he blew the tires off of it and crossed the center stripe in the final...DAMN!

R) Raymond Matos - 4.035 et - 183.22 mph (**WINNER**)
                  (L) Andy Jensen - 6.077 et - 177.65 mph
                  Unbelievable!!!! Matos with a .007 bulb & Jensen shakes & crosses the centerline just pass the 60' cones giving Matos the victory!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

That number is getting very close to indicating that this car could potentially run in the 5 second zone in the quarter mile, a place that a turbo car has absolutely never been close to.
                    Mike Moran ran a 6.17 at 243 at 2700lb in his turbo car...I'd call that close!

Nothing to take away from Jensen though, he's been around for a long time and has always had badass cars.

Comment

Andy Jensen, a drag racer out of PA (and a buddy of our own Doug or LS7GTO) has a world beating 1968 Camaro Pro Mod built by Tim McAmis.

Now your thinking massive blown Hemi on alcohol...wrong
                      Ok, so it's a huge inch Fulton/Sonny Leonard motor on nitrous..wrong

It's a single turbo canted valve SMALL BLOCK

He just ran this lap in Rockingham:

L) Andy Jensen - 3.901 et - 191.19 mph (**WINNER**)
                      (R) Stan Allen - 4.579 et - 121.13 mph

Holy Cow, Jensen with a .979 60' time and the front end of a Pro Nitrous ET record!!!

Quick analysis...

His 60' time is getting into the area that blown alky dragsters and funny cars tread
                      The car accelerated to 191 mph in 660 feet....SERIOUSLY

That number is getting very close to indicating that this car could potentially run in the 5 second zone in the quarter mile, a place that a turbo car has absolutely never been close to. This guy is some kind of mad scientist or evil genius. He's out classed every other turbo drag car in modern history with this thig...and it's a freaking small block.

Sorry to freak out...but if you are a drag racing geek, this car is unparalleled.

Brian
                      Sweet F-ing Jesus:

L) Andy Jensen - 3.873 et - 191.59 mph (**WINNER**)
                      (R) Keith Baker - 4.380 et - 129.54 mph

Oh my goodness!!!! After a .966 60', well just look at the numbers for the new ET record... Just amazing!!!!!

This is a 5 second 1/4 mile car.

Brian
                      wow

Comment

well I may be one of Andys biggest supporters. he has done ALL of my machine work and supplies my parts for less than the big box stores. hell Im proud to even call him a friend, he is just that cool.

Engine rebuilding, drag racing and more from Andy Jensen of Jensen\'s Engine Technologies. Learn more about performance engines available from Master Engine Builder Andy Jensen.
                        Reading , Pa
                        Good Guys rodders rep.
                        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

That is incredible. Just wish it was a Mopar small block!!!! ;D

Comment

Holy Crap! Really amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonQuartermile
                              Mike Moran ran a 6.17 at 243 at 2700lb in his turbo car...I'd call that close!
                              Nothing to take away from Jensen though, he's been around for a long time and has always had badass cars.
                              Jason,

It's getting there but Andy still hasMike covered by a tenth and change at the 1/8 mile which makes even bigger numbers at the stripe. Mike's car being at legal Pro Mod weight probably has a lot to do with it because I suspect that Andy's car is a featherweight, which is totally in line with class rules so no problem there.

Jason, I know that you're up on your stuff, but if we were talking 9.17 to 8.99 I'd say it was close, but two tenths at the bottom of the 6's is a pretty wide chasm to cross.

Tell Dave Kennedy that Lohnes says HI. I went to UMass with him and we had some good times with the Motorsports club. Back when Diesel Power first got rolling, I did a bunch of freelance work to help him out. Then he hired his ace staff and you guys have been rolling ever since.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X