my dyno video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my dyno video

A video showing Flyin' Hillbilly's 1983 Pontiac Grand Prix with its turbocharged motor on the dyno. www.streettostrip.com

i just thought i'd post this for everyone's entertainment , it's my 83 pontiac grand prix, with a stone stock 150,000 mile 350. i later got it to run 11.23@126 on a 275/60/15 true radial tire with a 7.48 1/8. i later got it to run 7.23@104 in the 1/8@12psi. i really did throw it together in 4 days, and i won every true radial race at ozark international raceway this year with it, enjoy, and please be gentle, it looks that way on purpose. ;D

Re: my dyno video

:D that's great!! where'd you get the hat from?

Comment

I love the black marker Redneck racing you wrote on your engine, that is cute....do you remember those southern guys racing the White Camaro in "Pinks", it had a low dollar junkyard engine they built, and nitrous, and they were up against a very high dollar Mustang I believe, the Mustang had about 50 grand into it, one of those that of course has no attachment to the car, that someone sponsored them to build for the Pink slips, and the low dollar Camaro with the Junkyard engine took home the Mustang that day, they kicked that high dollar car's ASS......goes to proove, money don't always mean your gona win the race, sometimes the driver of the car can make all the difference also.....My sons friends always tried to talk him into racing this car on Pinks for Pink slips because my boy was a Great Driver,,,,but he wouldnt do it, he had a strong attachment and love for this car......he couldnt bear to take the chance on someone else owning it.....goodluck with your car, not bad for building it in 4 days....

Comment

i bought the hat at autozone, $69 spectre cheapie

i guess i should mention that i'm on a team and will be on pinks next year with a 67 fastback mustang, it's just a situation where a bunch of buddies got together and built this car, we're in like flynn to be in on one of the first shoots next year. i'm pretty excited about it. i also love it when the underdog wins. ;D

Comment

Where is this Dyno at? Im in VA and would like to find one close to home. My drag car is a '80 Monte Carlo, 355, Dart pro1 200, 64cc heads, 12to1 compression, Lunatti 528i 534e(solid), 1.5 roller rockers, 850 Holley dp, MSD Programable 7 ignition, Torbo 350, 4100 stall, Ford 9" 4.86, through 29x10 Hoosiers. Best is 7.35 @ 94 with a 1.55 60', 1/4 is 11.72 @119, I think its falling off in the 1/4, should be 11.20's

I need a chassis dyno!
          Living the dream!

Comment

that dyno is in diamond city arkansas at a diesel shop that specializes in ford powerstroke transmissions. the info you can gather on a chassis dyno is GOOD info, good luck finding one, a load bearing dyno is better than not because they can really load your car hard and let you make a looooooooong pull which will let you check your a/f ratio as it would be on the top end of the track. we plan on doing this with my new homebuilt blowthrough E85 carb.

Comment

Very good video. I really enjoyed watching it. I love seeing home-built hotrods that put high dollar cars on the trailer. So that is a stock longblock??? Man I need to get me one of those turbos :..Johnny

Comment

yep, stone stock 150,000 mile longblock at 10 psi.

Comment

Imagine that. ;D

Comment

The power of a turbo !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X