5 cars you have to build before you die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5 cars you have to build before you die

As long as I always have a project going I'm pretty happy, and there are sooo many cars I want to build, but here goes;

- 55 Chevy coupe (327 high-comp, 3-dueces, 4spd, Chrome reverses)
    - 63 409 Impala (Dad's first car, would give it to him)
    - a hot rod pickup (40's or 50's vintage preferably, just a small block street machine)
    - 32 Model A fenderless coupe (I'd use a dual-quad 390 T-bird and 4 spd toploader)
    - 65 Coronet done as a vintage gasser, w/ blown 426 Hemi

Comment

The coupe took me over 7 years and I had the feeling I wasn’t going to get it done before I died. I did and the urn for my ashes is mounted on the front. Once it was done and I got the 2 shows out of the way while it was still really clean I started driving it and worked out a few bugs. Now I just can’t stop. It is just too much fun. I’ve started a couple of projects in the past couple of years like a 39 Topolino and a 36 ford tow truck These were vehicles I wasn’t looking for but just came across. But every time I’d go out in the shop and see the coupe sitting there I have to go for a drive. So the Topolino was sold and the 36 is on the block. I need to seek out those that would really hold my interest to get them done. This is the list

1 A Nova. Not sure of year or style yet. I’ll let my 1 year old granddaughter named Nova guide me.

2 59 El Camino, 409, 4 speed, lowered in front and tubbed just a little in back.

3 60 Chevy bubble top, this would be a joint effort with my wife as this is the car she learned to drive in and grew up with.

4 63-67 Corvette, big block transplant, roadster, fender flares, no bumpers

5 A one of a kind Ed Roth style show car that runs. I have several ideas sketched out not sure if the body will be metal or glass but it will have a big blown engine mounted mid car, fins similar to a 59 Chevy flaring out over really wide tires with no fenders.

Naaaa, I’m probably just gonna work on my receiver hitch for the coupe and refrigerator trailer and go for longer trips with more than 3 clean t-shirts.

Comment

1. Valiant Sports Sedan - DD Turbo EFI Slant Six, pushbutton auto, built for handling. I have the car and the block ...
        2. Slant Six powered Locost.
        3. '62 Unibody long bed regular cab Ford pickup, with a 300 Ford Big Six, five speed, disks ...
        4. Baja Bug - full body, street legal, roll caged, go anywhere thingie.
        5. Superban - 80's Suburban with handling upgrades, strong small block, big fuel tanks ... Long range heavy hauler.

Comment

First three I own now:

1. 1965 Mustang fastback
          2. 1974 TVR 2500M
          3. 1977 Chevy C-20 pickup
          4. A street track T style roadster with a track worthy chassis and some unusual late model drivetrain.
          5. 1965 Belvedere II Gasser

There's others, but these will likely not get done before I die.

Comment

1. 58-60 vette with nose up straight axle front end, Crower injector stacks and fenderwell headers.
            2. 65 Ford Galaxie convert. speedway-type car, caged, bagged, painted wheels, EFI big block with a ton of cam & compression and a 5 speed manual trans.
            3. 40 Ford pick up gasser (cheaper than Willys) with high winding injected small block chevy.
            4. 64-5 Riviera, silver paint mild custom
            5. 68-72 vette roadster road race beater for the street with side exhaust, crap paint, no flares, full rollcage etc.

GC

Comment

No particular order.

Comment

I am a thread killer.

Comment

haha.

that aston is indeed sick.

1) truck. late 70's f/150 'lightning'. how big does a 460 get?
                  2) motorcycle. naked bike.
                  3) musclecar. big motor, big tires, no chrome, but nice paint.
                  4) tow rig. flatbed. maybe an older HD chevy with a 502.
                  5) showcar. SHOW&GO. like Ivo's 'Showboat' but packin' 4 rotary motors on a 4wheeler.

BONUS:
                  6) The minibike. small 15hp sidewalk blaster.
                  7) The streetbuggy. wheelies for the street.

Comment

hmm

1. 69 L88 corvette
                    2. 70 LS-6 Chevelle
                    3. 69 L-78 Nova
                    4. 69 L-72 copo nova
                    5. 69 L-72 copo chevelle

Yep boring ass chevys

Comment

1.) Finish the drivetrain on my 70 Chevy Shortbed 2wd
                      2.) Get my Buddies 72 4wd Chevy Shortbed before he ebays it
                      3.) Finally aquire and cage a Nash Metrowith a buick 6 ;D
                      4.) Maybe a 97-98 Corvette coupe for Bonneville
                      5.) Ford made a super small econo car in the 50's. I'd like to get one of those little bugers with a mod motor :o

Comment

Some I have done already, and would like to do again!

1. 67 Nova Chevy II Pro Street
                        2. Topolino Drag Car
                        3. Finish the Streamliner
                        4. AA/Gas Modified Roadster
                        5. 63 Vette Pro Mod

Until then I'll Finish the Kia Spectra LSR.

Comment

I don't care about 5, I just want to finsh the three I have right now.....

Comment

1. 61 Buick Invicta Sports Coupe, the bubletop kind with a twin turbo 455, 4L80E and as big of rubber as fits out back

2. 64 or 65 Buick Special wagon, daily driver with an industrial carpeted cargo area, 64 aluminum headed 300 with EFI, TH200-4R some nice seats and a stereo

3. Buick power streamliner, 263cid straight eight then a turboed Series II/III 3800 V6

4. '65 Riviera, full custom frame, truck arms, TA aluminum twin turbo V6, TH200-4R, composite hood and decklid, and an adjustable suspension for cruise and road race.

5. '60 Chevy sedan delivery, B-body iron heads on a Corvette LT1 long block, stroker crank, 4L65E, painted midnight black, airride, wired for 110V AC in the back, and leased to my best friend for his business for $1 day and full coverage insurance.
                            Central TEXAS Sleeper
                            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

'66 Bonniville hard top or 66 Grand Prix same car .The bonni has the best name EVER and the Grand Prix's isn't bad but it has the cool turn signals that are on the GTO . Either way it is going to have Bonni badges. Lsx block (hey the rest of my pontiacs came with chevy power) some where around 427 cubes twin turbos ,C4 Vette suspension and aT56 trans . Thats all . If I get this one I don't need any more.

Comment

Well lets think

My 1955 Starchief almost finished

The 77 trans-am i purchased because it was silly cheap and that has now evolved into a drag car when its finished

The 62 catalina i purchased for the power tour and will bring back to the UK, will probably end up with a mini tub, uprated motor,airride and some nice wheels for the ultimate sleeper

Volvo P1800s remove the chrome bumpers and smooth out, coilovers and a T5 motor with 6 speed trans should make for a classic looking car with performance of the modern turbo volvos

Datsun 240Z all original, just cause i think its an iconic car

And many more classic american cars i see on craigslist and ebay that i have neither the money or space for lol

Comment

Working...
                                X