X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5 cars you have to build before you die

1. 56 Fairlane Victoria in B/W--McCullough SC, cutouts, Full 1/4 skirts
    (Recreating my Dad's 1st car) Mill head 312, AOD conversion

2. 1989 Stang GT-early 90's boltons-(Recreating MY 1st car)

3. 67 Chevy Shortbed-the medium green color-as a kid, this was the first loud V8 I heard (383 stroker with a gennie shifted 5 spd) lowered

4. 1979 CJ5---For my son and I to bond as he grows up-Any cool motor-4spd and 33's

5. 1968-69 Biscayne 4 door-Police unit-396 (427?) TH400
    Again, my dad used to buy these at State Police auctions for like $400,
    and give them the rattlecan onceover for use as the family car.
    I would use it as my daily driver. $3.25 a gallon or not....

Comment

Well,I hope to finish the two I have before i die,they are-
      1. '73 'Cuda.It's been 13 years since I paid 1200 bucks for it.I know I have more than 10 grand into it,it's not painted yet,and I'll never sell it. I've put quarters,wheelhouse,trunk extensions on it as well as putting the 4 speed from my Uncle's 'Cuda in it.besides the obvious re assembly,it has a couple little rust holes in the firewall,for those unfamiliar with these check it out! Behind the windshield wiper motor is pocket designed for all the leaves,dirt,and tree crap to accumulate.There's a small slit at the bottom as a cruel joke for you to look at while trying to figure out the best method of replacement,as well as if I should pull the dash out when i do try to weld it up! After that everything's supposed to get a coat of B5 blue (The sheetmetal,not the trim and bumpers for those of you LOST IN THE 90's!) and then I'm gonna beat the crap out of it,in a loving way (please no Ike Turner jokes!)
      2. My '69 Charger.It's a pretty solid car,but it's got it's bubbles here and there.The vinyl top has to go.I HATE vinyl tops.Why not just leave it bare metal if you want to invite rust!I'd love to get the A/C working.By the time I got it,the car had been "a lot of people's hot rod" and most of the AC components were gone,but that big heavy Vtwin compressor was still there,acting as an idler pulley!I want to go super dark green on the paint.And either a 440 goes in or the R/T nameplates come off.It's got issues with the front end too.One of the afforementioned hot rodders had a 440 in it that wasn't drilled/tapped for a PS pump,so he drove it without one!
      3. My 97 S10 SS.Only in western NY would there be somebody doing a cosmetic resto on one of these.It's my parts chaser,but it's apart for new cab corners (!)
      4. 1969 Road Runner.Scorch Red like the one my Dad and his buddies dismantled in the driveway while I screamed and protested (I was 5 or 6 80-81 or so) I have the Dana 60 from my Dad's R/T,as well as a couple 440's and 727's.And some 15x8.5 Ansen Sprints for the back!
      5. 81-88 Cutlass,350 Rocket with a 4 speed.I really like all G bodies,but I'd love to do up one of these.I have an '87 with a blown up six that was purchased as the foundation,but it's doubtful if I'll get around to it anytime soon.Maybe before I die,which I hope isn't anytime soon!!!Dark Blue,Chrome rallyes,the "euro" front end.Man I should really go pull that thing out of the weeds.Chase the mice out and asess the situation!

Comment

1953 Ford with a 460

1978 Mustang- the most beatifully ugly car in the world. I'd like to do a small block for this one.

Dodge charger 2.2L - the funny looking mopar from the 80s or whenever.... just seems kinda cool to me

1994 F-150 Lightning

Duster- Big hemi, lots of nitrous

Comment

Just One....

An exact replica of the golden rod, but with two keith black hemi's in it.... I'll call it, "the silver rod" and paint it, well, silver...

Comment

1. 1971 CHEVELLE STREET DRIVEN 10 SEC. CAR --ALMOST DONE
            2. 1969 DODGE CHARGER R/T 4SPD
            3. 1969 RS Z28 CAMARO RALLEY GREEN
            4. 1968-69 HEMI CUDA PROSTOCK
            5. ??? 8 second street driven sleeper muscle car big block twin turbo 10' tire flat hood bench seat no paint job or flat black can do a wheelie across an intersection

Comment

1935 Ford Tudor Slantback Hiboy
              1940 Ford 5-window
              1954 Chevy Convertible
              1955 Cadillac Hearse
              427 Cobra kit car

Comment

64 Plymouth Fury...Hemi
                66 Plymouth Fury
                49 Nash
                67 Impala Wagon
                66 Karmann Ghia convertable

Comment

1. 65 GTO

2. T-bucket

3. 57 Chevy

4. 74-77 Vega

5. Big Block Big Tired Prius

Comment

Reading this, I think I could pick 5 different cars every day!!
                    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

haha,yeah I have to agree.At my old job,it seemed like everyday I'd think of some other car to day trip on,and I'd be building it in my head all day....Thinking about what I have that would work,what my friend's were'nt using.And then where to keep another car that's "under construction!"

Comment

Working...
                      X