any Corvair guys here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any Corvair guys here?

We just went and looked at a 65 Corvair with 54,000 original miles on it. It was MINT except for some Nebraska rust. We offered 1200 on an 1800 ask and the guy said no, but it was a neat little car.

Anyone into them?

Re: any Corvair guys here?

Ha! So you couldn't help yourself eh?

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I have some plans for them but not really "into them". I want to put a WRX drivetrain under one and annoy everyone.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Not really. I wonder if the one that occasionally runs the unlimited bracket in the Silver State will be here this weekend....
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Yes,I've got one,a faded 2-tone(Gold with a White Roof..)'61 500 Coupe. Stock except for the dual Cherry-Bombs. With a factory 4-Speed,it's noisy & FUN ;D! I've been looking at 'an Olympic-Gold '69 Coupe with only 58-thousand on it,it too,is a 4-Speed. If I could swing this,I'd have the 1'st & last year Corvairs,BOTH with 4-Speeds & Gold paint ;D! The '69 is 'an ex-Arizona(Apachie-Juction area..)Car which came east in June of '04...it was 'an ex-1-owner unit. The Black Interior WILL need some work,thank's to the heat. Besides the '61,I've also got a shitload of parts,including a complete 'Spyder' Turbo setup. ~OO6.

Comment

I had one....

What motor was in it? The "140hp" 4 carb motors are my favorite, except for the fact that the valve seats like to fall out.

Comment

Like the 'split-bumper' :D ;D! ~OO6.

Comment

Here's the one we looked at:

Comment

Honestly, that car's probably worth it. Good 140 heads are worth 3-400 a set on ebay, you could part the car out and make your money back. Doesn't look hopelessly rusty.

Comment

Nice,David. Option-wise...it's just like mine,including the Fender-mounted dual Mirriors :D. Not a damn thing in it,'cept the Heater. My '61's gut is Fawn(White..). Go git it,kids!! ~OO6.

Comment

This one has radio delete and also has delete covers for the inner taillights.

Comment

I don't have one, but I think some of them are pretty cool, especially when you put an Olds Toronado powertrain in them like this guy.

Comment

One of the guys I hung with at the cruising strip had a 67 Monza with a mid-engine 327. He had a plexiglass window between the driver and engine and plexiglass rear side glass and rear window with round holes drilled in them for ventilation. The car flat hauled butt. It had some kind of 4 speed trans-axle.

It was the only one I had any familiarity with so asking me about stock ones is beyond my knowledge.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

at the good guys show in rhinebeck, ny, there was a turbo spyder with some hop up parts on it. he would wind her up and lift and you would hear the pop off valve....would have made the ricers jealous.
                            the body shop mgr has a 69 that he bought new. think he said its a corsa with 4 spd. never seen it , supposed tobe nicer than new, matches his 71 bronco with 12k on it!
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.
                            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

an old friend of mine had one in HS (still has it) threw a lot of fan belts......cool car tho

Comment

Working...
                              X