How many of you have...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you have...

How many of you have gotten in trouble with the wife, husband, or significant other because you used one of their household items to further along one of your projects? Example: I once used the oven and two of my wife's cookie sheets to bake paint on a set of valve covers. To say she was less than pleased would be an understatement! It did give the house a unique aroma though... 8)

Re: How many of you have...

Dishwashers rock at cleaning carb's and other parts... watch the heavy grease though it has a tendency to clog the dang things...

K

Comment

Just don't use the oven for powder coating or you'll be buying her a new one.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I once used the home vac to suck the crap out of the lifter valley in an engine while doing a cam swap. Oooops.

Comment

Only thing I do to make her mad with my car stuff, is I store my crankshafts in the house so they do not rust up out in the high humidity garage. She won't let me A/C the garage so all my good stuff comes inside.
          1964 Chevelle
          Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
          LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

I threw an aluminum York Compressor housing in the Oven and the Crank and Bearings in the freezer to get them together because I don't own a press. I've scrubbed parts off in the kitchen sink and have had a few Kitchen bowls become permanent garage bowls because I needed a a container for solvents to clean parts. Then Rebeldryver is certain I have a transmisson in the bathtub :P Which brings me to the topic, It's probably a good thing I don't have a wife or girlfriend (or is it the reason ??? )
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Just say yes. :D

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                I threw an aluminum York Compressor housing in the Oven and the Crank and Bearings in the freezer to get them together because I don't own a press. I've scrubbed parts off in the kitchen sink and have had a few Kitchen bowls become permanent garage bowls because I needed a a container for solvents to clean parts. Then Rebeldryver is certain I have a transmisson in the bathtub :P Which brings me to the topic, It's probably a good thing I don't have a wife or girlfriend (or is it the reason ??? )
                It's the reason. Don't ask me how I know.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Funny ;D Usually the conversation starts off like, Honey have you seen my ........ and then I head to the garage to retrieve it.

Comment

Growing up the Garage was on the list of places to check for dirty dishes before doing dishes.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I've used the dishwasher as a parts cleaner, baked paint in the oven and kept motorcycles in the living room and she never complains.
                      I guess I just got lucky.

Comment

It's been a long long time since I've been foolish enough to have any car stuff in the kitchen (or even the living room).

We're celebrating our 24th anniversary tomorrow, we'll probably stop by the Sonic

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I used the turkey baster to suck brake fluid out of the master cylinder - once.
                          She didn't want it back.

My wife gets even with me by using my tools in the house and not returning them to their respective drawers/areas.
                          I found 2 of my torx screw drivers in the junk drawer in the kitchen... and they had been used to stir paint?
                          A little carb cleaner and they were good as new.

We won't even get started on the whole -
                          "how did my new bath towels end up out in the garage with parts on them?" conversation.
                          Just call me guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                            It's been a long long time since I've been foolish enough to have any car stuff in the kitchen (or even the living room).

We're celebrating our 24th anniversary tomorrow, we'll probably stop by the Sonic

That's how we do it.

Comment

well one of my friends who races with Nitrous, once put his nitrous bottle in the Oven in the house, the oven was off, and just warm, he was getting ready to street race and thought he would warm it up a bit, IN comes his teenage daugher, and decides to Pre-heat the Oven for some Pizza,,,,,well I guess thier was some loud noise and havack in that Stove, something blew off the nirtrous bottle across the room, I cant remember exactly what he told me happened, but the bottle was destroyed......
                              My son use to fill my laundry tubs full of HOT WATER and place his nitrous bottles in the laundry tub, not knowing this, I was doing laundry and the tub over filled all over the floors.....hard wood floors....

Comment

Working...
                              X