I shot myself today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I shot myself today

About 4 years ago, I put a 3" air nail into my left thumb. It went in through the fingerprint and came out through the fingernail at the edge, blowing part of it off. It was an ardox style nail. (Spiraled twist on it to increase holding power.)

I twisted it out, wrapped the wound in paper towel & electrical tape and went back to work.

Comment

Notaduster - you're a nut - that's insane - you can't tell me that didn't hurt!

DAVE --- Buddy - you're an artist with all things metal and mechanical - but seriously - maybe it's time to retire your carpenter's apron?

WOW - you're lucky -- I hope the foot heals completely soon - and now I hope the hand does not turn into a weather prediction device -- like my knee after surgery.

Seriously, don't work tired, and don't work too fast. Those nail guns are a real threat - I know too many folks that have pierced themselves with those things! I have one from harbor freight and I hate it - it's famous for double hitting.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

While moving home I was about to ascend the stairs when two guys were coming down with furniture.
        I turned on my right foot to go back, I turned my foot didīnt, I lost my balance and fell.
        One of my arms went though the glass door cutting my left hand all over but one cut was rather deep.
        My foot swelled up in my trainer but I could move around so I continued, my hand wrapped in rag.
        As I had hired the truck no other was able to drive it so after returning it a four that afternoon I was taken to ER.
        Ten long days in hospital with a broken foot, eight weeks total in plaster.
        In their rush they were going to plaster up my lower leg with my pants still in place........
        ???
        Then when the plaster came off the bugger told me it all wasīnt necessary, a tight elastic bandage would have been sufficient.
        Looking back I think they were eager to take advantage of my private insurance.

BTW a carpenter was showing me his nail gun yesterday and it would only discharge a nail when pressed against the part to be nailed.
        So how do you nail body parts ?

Comment

Mostly by "bump firing" the gun.

If your finger is on the trigger and the gun gets pressed on anything...blamo!

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Mostly by "bump firing" the gun.

If your finger is on the trigger and the gun gets pressed on anything...blamo!

Brian
            All of my nail guns have the safety devices disabled, just keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to use it.
            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

If you don't bump fire it's easy to double hit from the recoil.

I had my hand more then a foot away but I didn't hit the board right. the nail nicked the top of the board and shot into my fingers.

I still cant believe how lucky I was.
              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Check this out. I remembered reading about this a few years back and went searching for the story. Here it is.

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I should probably contact the police. It seems as if someone is out to get me.
                  Cognizant Dissident

Comment

A X-Ray of Dave's head after his next woodworking project....hehehe

Seth
                    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by std
                      I should probably contact the police. It seems as if someone is out to get me.
                      Yes, have your self arrested, it's the only way to protect yourself at this point :P
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell

A X-Ray of Dave's head after his next woodworking project....hehehe

Seth

I got a nice smile, don't I!
                        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

...and every day we here at CJTV thank the Lord Chad made a full recov....ummm, we'll just say he recovered. Other than occasionally whizzing his pants, setting himself on fire, speaking in tongues, and giving Bear the shop dog the hairy eyeball, he's ok.

(Dave...put the jacket back on him, he's got that look in his eye again)

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

The preacher of my church and my uncle are about the same age. When they were teens,they helped re-roof the church. My preacher nailed my uncle's shoe to the roof as a joke! They still talk about it to this day too.

Comment

Working...
                            X