Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What cars will be cool in 20-30 years???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cars will be cool in 20-30 years???

So about 3 times a month for the last 15 years of my life ive heard my 61 year old dad say somthing along the lines of... "Man oh man, if I would have known how much my... {55' chevy, 64' impala convertable, 67' GTO, 65 Elcamino, the list goes on FOREVER} would have been worth, I would have kept em ya know??" "To us back in the 50's 60's and 70's they were just cars and they were everywhere, no one knew theyd be cool in 40 years"

So what cars will we be saying this about in 30 years? Will it be the new Mustangs? Will it be Fox body mustangs? Will it be 80's and 90's camaro's? Will it be 79-80 Malibu's {wich I already think are cool} Will anyone care a bit? Will it be a dismal as a 90' Z-24 cavalier or a a Z-34 Monte??? Will it be the new cars like the Chargers maybe? PT cruisers? HRT's? Will my 95' F-150 be held in the same regards as a 67-72 C-10 chevy??? Heck its posi traction RWD and its got a 302 in it right?? What say you? Discuss.....

Re: What cars will be cool in 20-30 years???

03 -04 Cobras will be hot and any fox Mustang. Hot Rod actually did an article about the fox mustangs being the next 67 -9 Camaro a few years ago, I bought it and tucked it away somewhere in the arkives. Also, who could forget the Buick Grand Nationals and T-Types.

Comment

Good question, it's been asked several times....

Seems that cars like the 32 ford, 55 Chevy, 60s Vettes, many of the muscle cars, etc were good looking cars that were always popular, even if not always worth a lot. I think that it's probably safe to assume that cars that are popular now will continue to be popular in the future.

The later A/G bodies are decent looking cars that have been sort of accepted for years, the 80s mustangs have always been popular, and I hate to say it but a lot of the honda/mitsubishi/toyopet cars are probably going to continue to have a following. I wonder if anyone will go back to minitrucks in 10-20 years?

I'll bet the late model mustangs will be popular for a long time, they are nice looking car (especially compared to most other new stuff)
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I hope someday my monte will be cool

Comment

The thought of that makes me cringe. I had a thing for Chevy Berettas, I owned 4 of them(3 pictured). :D Those 2.8/3.1 W motors are the shit. 200,000-300,000 no prob, fun w/5spd heh...
          I hope someone would take interest in those cars, they're the perfect candidate for an EcoTec swap.

I'm betting it's going to be something foreign though, starting with the letter "H" or "T" perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454
            The thought of that makes me cringe. I had a thing for Chevy Berettas, I owned 4 of them(3 pictured). :D
            So some day you expect to say "Wish I hadn't sold those Berettas, had 4 of 'em when I was younger, 5-speed and everything"? :P Hey you never know.....
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

probably anything with a gas engine.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I had a 90 Z-24 Cavalier with the 3.1. That thing was quick for a V-6, lots of fun to doink around with.

Comment

83-88 t-birds and cougars

74-78 mustang II's

71-81 pinto

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                    Originally posted by tardis454
                    The thought of that makes me cringe. I had a thing for Chevy Berettas, I owned 4 of them(3 pictured). :D
                    So some day you expect to say "Wish I hadn't sold those Berettas, had 4 of 'em when I was younger, 5-speed and everything"? :P Hey you never know.....
                    Nahh, I have no regrets, at least not for the Berettas. I miss my 77 Nova the most. Clean 58,000 mile southern car, grrr. The 78 Impala is a close 2nd, never got to finish that one.

I think Jeeps will still be popular 20-30yrs from now. I'm seeing more Jeeps running at the local dragstrip the past few years. A lot of 2dr 2wd XJ bodys, and a few YJ/CJ's. Better start collecting 4.0L/4.2L blocks now ;D

Comment

You all will think I'm weird (so what's new?) but I think that Miatas, Solstices, and Skys will be considered hot and cool. Of course, Gen 7 Corvettes, as well as the older ones (I know they haven't built the Gen 7 yet, but they will if Toyota will let them after they buy GM). Magnum wagons, and I hope my Fox 'Stang convert (maybe I should keep it and sell it later, like after I'm dead).

But maybe it's like Rap - my son thinks L.L. Cool Jay is "oldies". So whatever was hot when you're a teen is likely going to be your nostalgia ride. Here come those Hondas and such.

Whatever it is, I will have sold it for too cheap when I could have been a millionaire if I'd just kept it.

Dan

Comment

What cars will be cool in 20-30 years???
                        Mine...! :o ;D
                        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

With all of the computers and sensors on new cars, I really do not anticipate these modern cars to be around in 30 years. Parts and computers will become obsolete and they will quit making them. If any of these cars are around I think they will have been stripped of their factory components. I hope that I am wrong, but most modern cars are throw away's. With 20 some computers on newer cars, you cannot do much of anything without a computer. You cannot even roll down a power window without going through at least one computer.
                          1964 Chevelle
                          Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                          LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

I think that much like now, anything with a hemi will be sought after. I'd say the 300s and Magnums are going to be big. I also think that Dan's right when he says whatever's hot when you're a teen will be nostalgic for you as an adult. There will probably a ton of mid 90's and on Hondas riding around in 30 years.

Comment

My opinion? The SAME stuff we like now. There's not one piece of shit in the last few years I can see having any appeal. MAYBE the 80's Buick turbo cars. All the rest? Too much plastic and electronics to make cost effective to save (thank god)
                              Exception-most Vettes

Comment

Working...
                              X