Anyone a Bronco fan? I mean 4x4, not football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone a Bronco fan? I mean 4x4, not football

I'm drooling over a '78 Bronco I found down the street. Clean, original-paint truck with a 351, C6, 205, 44, and 9-inch. I hammered the guy down to $1000. These are great 4x4s.

Stuff that gets bad mpg and that needs a smog cert is getting CHEAP out here.

This is the one down the street

Here's another one on CL for $1200, which means $750.

Re: Anyone a Bronco fan? I mean 4x4, not football

I think you could make a better choice,

Just kidding. That one looks like a steal for 1g. Especially with the 205, I got stuck with a 208.

Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

look great lifted and the top removed...I dig em' done right............thought you were thinning the heard?

Comment

the 66-77 broncos are the best
        Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

Originally posted by Screaming Detroit
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^
          what he said
          (they roll easier also)

Comment

yep. I had a rust bucket '76. lol
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

-meh-

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                I'm drooling over a '78 Bronco I found down the street. Clean, original-paint truck with a 351, C6, 205, 44, and 9-inch. I hammered the guy down to $1000. These are great 4x4s.

Stuff that gets bad mpg and that needs a smog cert is getting CHEAP out here.
                Wow, looks like a great deal for a grand, that would be a $4k truck here in PA, since you can't find them without rust. I just looked at a '79 Bronco Ranger about a month ago that had a 400, racetrack trim, and 2-tone paint. The guy would go below $1200, and the body was settling over the frame because all of the cab mounts and crossmembers were gone. The rear quarters were full of putty and the tailgate was shot as well.

Here is a pic of my Bronco for ya!
                Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Thank God it's not white. Every time I see a white one I'm reminded how OJ held our freeways hostage.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I had a 92 Bronco I bought new and had for 13 years. Started becoming undependable, multiple fuel pumps going out, electric windo motors quit, back window would work then not work and the ABS light kept coming on. But that was later during the time I had it. One other thing was the plastic locking front hubs, one broke but did not know it until I almost went over the side of the mountain in 2wd when it was supposted to be in 4x4. Tore that plastic crap out and installed warn locking hubs.
                    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

I like
                      Originally posted by Screaming Detroit
                      x2 love those. I remember reading about a Bronco being set down on a spare chassis Shelby had sitting around... that would be very cool

Comment

anyone remember this famous Bronco....Became a fan after I saw this one

Comment

Who said I had a car?

The men in the village.

They said I had a car? Those comedians. They meant my little mule, Pepe.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                            Who said I had a car?

The men in the village.

They said I had a car? Those comedians. They meant my little mule, Pepe.
                            LMAO....yup that one

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto
                              I had a 92 Bronco I bought new and had for 13 years. Started becoming undependable, multiple fuel pumps going out, electric windo motors quit, back window would work then not work and the ABS light kept coming on. But that was later during the time I had it. One other thing was the plastic locking front hubs, one broke but did not know it until I almost went over the side of the mountain in 2wd when it was supposted to be in 4x4. Tore that plastic crap out and installed warn locking hubs.
                              My neighbor had a '96 Eddie Bauer Bronco that they bought new. They went through 3 sets of those hubs, pretty much one set per winter. They finally put a set of Warns in it and never had any more trouble. Only weird part was pushing the electronic 4x4 button on the dash, then having to get out and turn the hubs in... but it worked.
                              Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Working...
                              X