• Show
Clear All

• Now here's a guy with a sense of humor

http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCPh...69986#indextop

HA!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Now here's a guy with a sense of humor

Wacky. I have a '69 Olds-98 Regancy Coupe. Nice. And if He looses it 'an tags the wall,He'll be able to treat himself at the scene ;D. ~OO6.

Comment

Wow...He didn't get the memo on "Lighter is Faster".....

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

that is cool as hell...bet he always has a smile on his face

Comment

I was just watching the Crusher Test N' Tune Episode.....

Watch the first trip down the track and you will never guess who is in the other lane.....

Yep....This car.

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I hope its all glass?

If not it's at least 6000 lbs.

Comment

Just imagiane the stress on the drivetrain,in particular the Driveshaft :o. ~OO6.

Comment

So what does it run?
                www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

NOT A GUY

Spotted at the recent NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Series event at Auto Club Dragway in Fontana we found this 5,400-pound wonder, a ’68 Cotner/Bevington Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight ambulance. Owner/driver Shannon Speer is a registered nurse from Tustin, CA. At Fontana she was racing in the Hot Rod class and made it through eliminations when defeat came in the fifth of six rounds of racing, finishing in the money.

The vehicle, formerly equipped for carrying patients, originally weighed in at well over 8,000 pounds, but now houses a mid-engine 496 cubic inch big block Chevy sporting 12.5:1 compression. Dual 800 CFM Edelbrock carbs sit on a Tunnel Ram and usually includes a Nitrous Express power adder. At the Fontana event ‘Nurse Ratchet” was running consistent on a 12.90 dial-in. When the nitrous is applied it has run 10.90’s at 120+ miles per hour, however nitrous is not allowed in the Hot Rod Heritage Series.

Chino Hills Transmission built a heavy duty Turbo 400 tranny down to a twelve-inch driveshaft hooked to a Currie Ford 9-inch with 4.56 gears. A Chris Alston roll cage was added and the vehicle was turned into a racecar by JKR Racing in a short two weeks.

This heavy hitter is registered in the Guinness Book of World Records as the Fastest and Quickest Ambulance. Clear a path for this one with wheelie bars. We’ll have a closer look at this unique vehicle later in DRO.

Comment

I wonder if He's got a problem with Lawyers chase'n him :D :D? ~OO6.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent-OO6.
                      I wonder if He's got a problem with Lawyers chase'n him :D :D? ~OO6.

check out my previous post

Comment

DOH! I was "a little late" on the Button,Joe :-[ :....if this was a street race,I would've gotten smoked :D. I'm quite pleased to see that the owner/driver is a Woman. VERY COOL 8). ~OO6.

Comment

No, no......

You want HUMOR?!

Check out this gem http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/858522373.html

For the record, the ambulance is BEYOND cool.....and very telling of one thing.

RWD vehicles are beginning to become more and more scarce. When guys are shelling out bucks for 4-doors, wagons and oddball crap that you couldn't GIVE away 10 years ago, that's saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent-OO6.
                            DOH! I was "a little late" on the Button,Joe :-[ :....if this was a street race,I would've gotten smoked :D. I'm quite pleased to see that the owner/driver is a Woman. VERY COOL 8). ~OO6.

figured as much slow poke....neat story and a fast...especialy for such a monster of a car....and a woman at the helm...cool indeed

Comment

Working...
                            X