Car Junkie Field Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Junkie Field Trip

My son and I went to a used car dealer a few miles down the road. They sell alot of vintage iron there...some of it they're REAL proud of. No Frieburger type deals at this place. Here's a few pis of what we saw today...

Here's the dealership.

Here's a nice little Chevy II.

With sinline-six power. $6995 and it's yours.

This one's for Rebeldryver, a 69 Impala.

With (supposed) 327 power. Too bad some dude in NC has already bought it.

One of my personal favorites, here's a 65 Tempest-Camino...or the "Mexicar" as my son calls it.

Back of same car. One of the salesman said a carpenter had owned it, and spent two years putting the body together.

He does all that work, but leaves this in there. The want $7,000 for it.

69 Satellite. She's a rusted/bondo'd 318 car. Smells like the mice have used it for a toilet...

Here's a nice 72 Grand Prix, with Pontiac 400 power. I think the want $6,500 for it.

55 Chevy. $18,000 will take it home.

As you can see, my son likes it.

67 Chevy C-10. Nice looking body, but the interior needs some help.

With BBC power...

I approve!

57 Chevy Bel-Air. They "only" want $22,000 for it...

[img]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/HillbillySailor/Car%20Stuff/025.jpg?t=1223243914[img]

66 Mustang, with 289 power.

67 Mustang. Funny thing was, my wife started this one a few days ago, listens to it, and asks "What the hell is wrong with it?". What was wrong with it? Inline six power!

I think I look nice behind the wheel (yes, I shaved off my mustache). Can you say Megasquirt/Turbo for the six?

69 Chevelle. It ain't cheap either.

63 T-Bird

68 Vette. My son absolutely loves this car.

Too bad he's only 14, and that $22,000 is a little much for a kid's first car.

96 Formula for $5995. They also had a 96 Trans Am for the same price.

Here's a nice LeMans...

With no engine. She's a 4 speed car. I bet that 5.3 litler would look nice here...

Somewhat rusty Corvair.

But the engine is there...

And for the "WTF???" award, here's a 79 Mercury Ghia (Capri)

Nice Air Stack. Yes, they wan't $1,995 for this turd.

There's a V-8 in there now, but I'm thinking this was a 4 banger car. It also had a manual tranny at one time, as the clutch pedal is still there.

Now ask yourself, why buy this...

when you have all that cool iron there?

Re: Car Junkie Field Trip

Nice storry and pics .

Like the Tempelmino.Lots of creativity there in the body.

Nice 67 C10.Looks hot.

The hole in the hood on that capri....priceless

Comment

You must have had your son early. You guys look to be about the same age. ;) ;D

Comment

Hillbilly,i would look a that mustang again,well worth the money.I have a 302 id sell cheap to go in that baby.
        Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by 62-impala-ss
          I'll take that as a compliment.....backhanded that it is!

Comment

Originally posted by HillbillySailor
            Originally posted by 62-impala-ss
            I'll take that as a compliment.....backhanded that it is!
            Meant as a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by CaminoKid
              Hillbilly,i would look a that mustang again,well worth the money.I have a 302 id sell cheap to go in that baby.
              I'm sitting here as we speak wondering how I can come up with the cash. If I had the cash, I'd be there tomorrow to buy it.

Comment

Dont miss that rust.....prices like that all over...was a time when people from PA and Ohio went to NC for cars...funny

Comment

For no partic reason I can put my finger on I've never owned a Pontiac -- but I certainly like the 72 Grand Prix and the engine-less LeMans you posted. Poor man's Goat, I suppose (although just as sharp looking).

Shoeboxes and Chevelles are ruined for me...nice cars but almost always way overpriced. Maybe this financial meltdown will bring some sanity back to our hobby. While I've got nothing against Barret or Jackson personally, I wouldn't shed a single tear if I heard Barret-Jackson was the next casualty of Wall Street's disappearing trillions$$$$ magic trick.
                  Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Even though I'm a FORD guy, I'd take the '69 Impala, and drive it...alot! I'd ditch those ugly ass wheels though.
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

The shoebox Chevys, the '72 GP.......very nice.

Looks lke these folks are mighty proud of what they have for some of the prices shown....the above-listed cars are worth it, but some have me shaking my head.

Looks like the '69 Chevelle has been the victim of a half-assed repaint, the stripes just look wrong(kills me, would love to have one in black or Marina Blue, thanks).

What did the 76-77 gold GP have for motivation? Hopefully a 400, and not the abysmal 301(makes a 305 look like an LS-6 454 by comparison).....damn things are HUGE, but make for nice road trip cars.

Looks like you and your son had a good time....me and my 17 year-old are gonna do something similar here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven
                        Maybe this financial meltdown will bring some sanity back to our hobby. While I've got nothing against Barret or Jackson personally, I wouldn't shed a single tear if I heard Barret-Jackson was the next casualty of Wall Street's disappearing trillions$$$$ magic trick.
                        I won't wish ill fortune on them(that whole karma-what-goes-around-comes-around-thing), but it IS time for the investment/gold-chain wanks to move on to something else.

I do suspect the auctions are gonna be hit hard by the whole deal........but enough about that.

The Imp does look decent.....save for the wheels. I hated those things when they first came out....and that hasn't changed.

Comment

Ah Krug's off of Col Glenn, go eat at the Original Submarine House back behind it; killer Phillies. To make you sad, most of those cars have been there for almost 2yrs now. Do they still have the flamed '60 Buick with the rusted out flame thrower tips?

Its an interesting place and in the "good times" a lot of cool iron moved through there but starting just before I left the market changed and only main stream stuff was moving with any frequency.
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Didn't see the old Buick you were talking about. I've noticed alot of that stuff has been there since I moved up here. I figure alot of it will still be there when I get some coin saved up. I'd love to get my hands on that 67 Stang.

Comment

You can buy a 67-68 notchback Mustang as nice as that or better for a lot less money. The silver GP looks pretty sweet, and not as rediculously priced as the others. Thanks for the pics.

btw-Your boy has great taste-good job.

Comment

Working...
                              X