Car Junkie Field Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car Junkie Field Trip

There's a used car lot up the street from me with a beautiful 1969 Chevelle on the lot. This is a NICE car.

They want (and I'm totally serious) $52,900 for it. It's parked next to an equally beautiful 1996 Impala SS, they want 20K for that one.

If they are outside when I head into the office tomorrow morning I'll zap some photos.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I had a very rusty pos version of that 69 Impy. I still have a soft spot for those. Great pics.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

HillbillySailor, don't buy any of that rusty madness... wait 'till you're up for orders again, come to San Diego, and buy something solid for half the price.

Comment

What an absolutely cool place! Actually, I saw a few cars not even DF would drag home tho...........
          Ed

Comment

I especially like the genius move of putting a "velocity stack" through the hood of a car -- just inviting rain water into the engine! WTF!

Some of those cars are pretty sweet - but the owners are obviously smoking a big crack pipe to have come up with those prices!
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed
              btw-Your boy has great taste-good job.
              Funny thing is, my son usually has ZERO interest in cars. Yesterday was the first time I've seen him get even remotely stoked about a car until he saw that Vette. He really wants one like it. We looked on Ebay last night for a later model (but same body style) Vette and saw some in the 4K-5K range. I told him once it's legal for him to get a job, get one and save up some money and I'd help with the difference. I also told him he's going to help me get the thing sorted out if it has issues. Thus far, he's on board with that. We'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!

Looks like the '69 Chevelle has been the victim of a half-assed repaint, the stripes just look wrong (kills me, would love to have one in black or Marina Blue, thanks).

The stripes ARE wrong. For one thing, the SuperSport stripes on a 69 Chevelle go down the side of the car. Another thing... I'm pretty sure they are too narrow, but the really big no no is the stripes on the roof... Trunk and hood only. I think Ford put stripes on the roof, but not Chevy.

Comment

Working...
                X