Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, how did the weekend fare for you?

Personally, I think I got screwed.
    Finished up my oil pan repair {long, boring story}.

I painted the thing when I should of waited and had the pan powdercoated.

Took the GTS out, beat the living hell out of it, had some fun, and in general, smoked the living hell out of the tires one last time this year.

Dealt with 2 parts stores, noeither had my parts at their location, I gave up, and went for a drive.
    Anyways, just when did I miss the boat of a 70's for voltage regulator going from $8.49 in 2001 to like $54 in 2008?
    That, and trying to located the right output seal for the toploader, I sware to god these kids don't know a Torino from a damn toaster.
    "Yeah, um, that's got like a T5 in it, right?"
    "No, it's a Ford Top Loader."
    "What's a top loader? I just show your transmission should be a Tremec".
    At this point, I asked politely for the book, and the kid looks at me funny. Last time I checked, ahem, I don't recall my 4 speed being a Tremec. Anways...they list 5 different seals. I admit defeat and say screw it for the time being.
    I get home. After staring at the car, thinking by some magical way of looking at the car and cracking cold drinks, it'll fix itself. Went and grilled dinner, and came back out to the garage, jacked the front up, found my water pump was bad {10 years old, maybe 1k miles.}, I managed to screw up a couple of my plug wires {once again, old Moroso wires, but with around 1k miles on the set} among some other misc. crap.
    So now, it's set me in motion to completely tear stuff apart, sent brackets and a few misc parts out for powder coating instead of rattle can etch primer and engine paint.

On the plus side, it's a bit of a diversion from the body work.

I had my 351c out in around an hour, but it felt like I got about nothing done for the entire weekend.
    {I'm thinking mainly because being broke, and needing to finally replace with some better parts is bumming me out right now.}

Anyone else fare better?
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: Ok, how did the weekend fare for you?

Enthusiasm for the car(s) will fare better with money.Thats for sure.Oil pan looks road race now.Will you be adding baffles?

Comment

And regarding the week for me.It has been nothing done to the cars.Got sick on thursday,and there have been nothing done..

Comment

There's a cat's face in your oil pan. :D

I've been at work all weekend. I'd say that's far worse than your weekend. ;D I'd rather have a bad weekend working in the garage (drinking beers) than a good weekend at work.

Comment

My weekend was rather tame... I smoked a pork butt on Saturday and made some home made chicken soup on Sunday.
          My buddy Dave... he went to Memphis to do the million dollar race... and he won.
          Nobody ever wins a million dollars at that race, but it still pays incredibly well for the meager $2500 entry fee. After all the splitting was done, he still got to keep more money than he makes in a year from one day of racing.

Comment

Hey 'Bu...

What's Dave's last name? That's a life accomplishment right there. How many entries did they have? I think it paid 250k last year.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I fared pretty well.....I helped my dad put a new roof on his house.....got 30 of the 40 square needed on....then went and picked up my new engine.....then worked a little.

I am sore as hell, but I feel a great sense of accomplishment.

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Saturday I announced a drag race, got the pipes warmed up for a big two day all Chevrolet event coming this weekend. I also got a call from a circle track guy who may have me do some stuff next year, which would be a brave new world. I've done SCCA road races, demo derbies, and a couple of monster truck/truck pull/mud bog types deals, but no dedicated circle track racing. Could be fun.

Sunday was a raw crappy day in these parts. My wife has reached the pregnant lady stage of "get this thing the hell out of me" so she's not exactly a bundle of fun. I did some small stuff around the house and then escaped with Tom to let her sleep on the couch. We went old car hunting around my area. I took the camera and I'll post the photos from the adventure. Similar to what HBS did with his kiddo, but less organized.

My company wonders why I rack up more miles on my company truck than anyone, I tell them that I spend a lot of time in the field with my people. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I got some cottonwood dropped cut up and stacked friday night - it's light dry wood with not a lot of btu's but it will start easy and burn clean this fall -- I hope. Unfortunately- one dropped not exactly where I'd aimed it - and destroyed a couple of my friends plastic chairs around his fire pit --- I think he'll forgive me.

Saturday my Dad and his friend came into town- we went for a boat ride, then out to a nice dinner, Sunday we went to the Henry Ford Museum -- now I want to build a Model A based hotrod even more.... someday.

Then the wife put me to work on pears - we have buckets of them - she's making pies, pear butter, pear marmalade, etc.... I'm going to get fat.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I got called out to work in a hurry at 6:45 friday morning, I quickly packed up and went from Traverse City MI to Huntington WV. When I got there I found that the well had problems and have been in my hotel room since on the internet comming up with project ideas. May work tomorrow, I do get paid for being here so it's not a total loss.

Comment

Saturday I was out at Mosport for a lapping day with the local Solo I group. I hopped in with a few guys to instruct, and also got to wail on a few friends' cars ... an 07 Mustang GT with Shelby GT-500 brakes and some nice suspension goodies, as well as a 2nd gen Mazda RX-7 Turbo that has been rubbed on a bit. The Mazda was almost as quick around the track as the Mustang.

Sunday I went to look at a pretty clean 88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe that had been modded up a bit. Price isn't bad at $3500, but I don't think it will do what I want for open-track events without spending a few grand on more upgrades.

cheers
                      Ed N.
                      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Pretty good, I didn't do squat.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Chainsaw and Lawnmower - - - you tell me !

Comment

carlislie for me on sat damm im sore

Comment

I think I lunched the trans or convertor in my '70 C-10. Seems I now have a 4500 stall?

Comment

Working...
                              X