Yard Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yard Find

I was visiting my old home town this weekend and when driving around, found a bridge was out. Rather than go on the detour route, I went up a side road and was going to turn around, but for some reason went down the road to see what I might find, and found this.

'74 T/A, 455 auto, (not the S/D motor, I already ran the VIN) Bucaneer Red, red/white interior. Some rust but nothing major, supposed to run, and have the original drivetrain.

The price? 3K or B/O. Nobody was home, and yeah, I'm going back. Soon.

This sits on a road that doesn't get much traffic, and it looks like it's been there all summer.

Re: Yard Find

You MUST keep those wheels and tires as is if you score it.
    sigpic

Comment

Sweet Lord - you are truly gifted with a sense for finding maximum cool stuff.... all the time!
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

If you look,you will find.In many years i didnt like the 74-76 Firebird-Trans Ams.Prefered the 70-73 and 77-81.but nowadays they seem better lookin.

Original 455?

Comment

I'm thinking if it was an SD, Andy would still be camping in front of the guy's house to buy it.

Cool car!

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I've always wanted an early Firebird. It had to be red w/white interior.

I'm afraid Dad's Formula is long gone. 400 4spd, white interior. First car I "drove"

Had a chance to buy my friends blue '70 T/A, RAIII, 4spd, 4.33 gear survivor for 10k about 9-10 years ago. Couldn't do it, was shopping for a house. That car was recently sold for almost 40K, and had nothing done to it. That tells you how nice it was. It had never even been in the rain. He still kicks himself. I kicked him and myself this weekend.

Comment

I second the motion on keeping those 15x24 and a half slotted mags on it. Course I say that for you even though I would get rid of them in a hurry. Looks cool. Hope you get a good deal on it.
              Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

OMG! what a score. Several years ago I was at my local Jeep dealer picking up a new rear main seal for my wife's Jeep. In the parking lot looked to be a legit '74 455 SD. The kid who owned it, I don't think he knew what he had. While someone could have stuck the "SD" decals on, they sure looked like they had been on since day 1. Man, I'd love to get a regular 455.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I think there's only a few Trans Am's that aren't my favorite, '79-'81, the front ends were just too weird. The '74 was cool because it was the last year for the small rear window. I'd beg, borrow or steal the 3K to buy that one!
                  Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Some guys have all the luck. You, sir, have all the luck today. GET THAT DAMN CAR!
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Awesome....I'll bet you can get it for 2000 or less....Very Nice and worth buying for sure.

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

gawd that is dripping with cool....dig the rake and the 50N's

Comment

nice, wish I was closer!

Comment

Working...
                          X