X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antmnte
    replied
    Re: SEMA

Yeah thats the car. They dont drive right? Just push it around? Its really cool to see though.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

PRI kicks some ass.

Like we say it home it's more Haahd Kore.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan

when it was pretty small , you could actually hang and talk to racers , no big lines or anything
    Spidey, have you been to PRI? 100x cooler than SEMA and it's exactly as you describe. Smaller, you can talk to the racers, and you don't have to walk past 22 diamond-crusted Mercedes with 17 LCD screens to get to the next cool booth.

Leave a comment:

• chucks73
    replied

I Think this is #10 for me. Hope to see you guys there.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

Tasty! And I'm not a big tri-five fan.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

Originally posted by antmnte
    I went last year and had a good time. Lots of nice cars but a hell of a lot of floormats and plastic hubcaps too.
    Spidey is the 57 you are talking about from Westchester and kind of has a little length or something to it? I think I saw it just recently at Orchard beach. Ive seen it before as well at local shows.
    black -mr oronzios car , he lives in scarsdale
    we were kings for a day that time , rare when your friend's car is the center of the show

Leave a comment:

• RyanWalker
    replied

Originally posted by Freiburger
    I think this is SEMA number 22 for me.

Wow. Not many people can say that.

Leave a comment:

• Freiburger
    replied

I think this is SEMA number 22 for me.

We'll have updates and news posted throughout the week, right from the show floor.

Leave a comment:

• antmnte
    replied

I went last year and had a good time. Lots of nice cars but a hell of a lot of floormats and plastic hubcaps too.
    Spidey is the 57 you are talking about from Westchester and kind of has a little length or something to it? I think I saw it just recently at Orchard beach. Ive seen it before as well at local shows.

Leave a comment:

• min301
    replied

Originally posted by shaun callaway
    Originally posted by bearphoto
    What are the dates of the event and is it open to the "public" at all?
    unfortunately you either have to be in the industry or invited to go.
    I'd love to go, but not yet...

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

I started going to SEMA in 1990 , it was way smaller back then
    really huge , some great cars , a handful of interesting vendors , but a lot of the show is junk the civilian will never be interested in . lots of chinese parts , rebuilders , trade show junk
    when it was pretty small , you could actually hang and talk to racers , no big lines or anything
    talked with kyle petty , derrick cope , smokey , richard petty , jeff gordon , aj foyt , johnny rutherford
    smokey used a to have a 7 am seminar and those were epic , usually joined by earl gaerte , bobby unser , kenny bernstein
    those were great times
    in 1999 we felt the biggest event insider moment ever , my customer and friend john oronzio had his sam foose built 57 chevy convert in the hrm booth , we were just the kings , hanging around and watching all the nerds smudging fingerprints all over the fresh black paint

I got bored with it and stopped going , it was fun to go to vegas for a vacation , sema was too much like work
    my brother john and my buddy chris will be out in vegas for their 21st straight sema show

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

Sort of along the same lines is the SAE show at Cobo hall in Detroit every spring. The hardware on display is amazing, and you can learn about all kinds of instrumentation and testing goodies. But you pretty much have to be a member, especially if you want to attend any of the technical sessions.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• shaun callaway
    replied

x2

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

It's all about business brother. The catastrophe of a Cluster F@#k that would result from throwing the doors open to everyone would results in nadda being accomplished business-wise at the show.

It's busy enough as it is!

Brian

Leave a comment:

Working...
X