harwood hood run away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harwood hood run away

hi guys just won't to tell everybody about the fell i got from harwood ,today when i called and ask about if the would do anything about the hood.I bought it less than a year ago and it came delaminated , they told me good luck and i didn't really fell good about it. hear are some of the pics of my car it is the white malibu at the bottom with me pointing to the hood . hope this make someone not buy there stuff.

Re: harwood hood run away

That is messed up.....I think maybe you need to talk to someone else at Harwood. If you make a big enough stink with a person high enough up it is amazing the difference in response you will get.

Good Luck.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

So you're saying it's not supposed to look like that? he he.

Why not e-mail them some photos to show them how horrific this thing looks and let them know about the car being in Hot Rod, etc. If they don't stand behind their product when it fails that bad, it's not a smart move in this economy.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

thats bull...at least they could give you a good deal on a new hood...

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
          The only good deal in this situation is a FREE replacement....That was just shoddy manufacturing.

IMHO.

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
            Originally posted by JOES66FURY
            The only good deal in this situation is a FREE replacement....That was just shoddy manufacturing.

IMHO.

Seth

I agree with you, but I was saying at a minimum.... they should replace it but........crappy manufacturing to be sure

Comment

I forget the outfit that makes fiberglass panels for the 73-76 Torino crowd, and I've heard of similar issues occasionally from guys on like 70-71 Torino body panels.
              I don't know pesonally however...I always took them as being a first line brand, and not junk from the local racers point of view.

I'd call back, don't act bent and irrate, simply ask for someone in management, calmly explain the situation, back up your story with properly detailed information, pictures, and be civil.
              I've discovered it's alot easier to remain civil about stuff, instead of yelling a screaming {although at times it's the first impulse}
              Andrew
              1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
              2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
                I forget the outfit that makes fiberglass panels for the 73-76 Torino crowd, and I've heard of similar issues occasionally from guys on like 70-71 Torino body panels.
                I don't know pesonally however...I always took them as being a first line brand, and not junk from the local racers point of view.

I'd call back, don't act bent and irrate, simply ask for someone in management, calmly explain the situation, back up your story with properly detailed information, pictures, and be civil.
                I've discovered it's alot easier to remain civil about stuff, instead of yelling a screaming {although at times it's the first impulse}
                And if that doesn't work, ask them to send you an envelope full of HARWOOD contingency decals and slather them all over that poor excuse for a hood and let EVERYONE know who built it and then would not stand behind their work.

Ron
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

It beggars belief that a company would tell a dissatisfied customer to go take a jump.
                  They should be bending over backwards to make sure they give the best as hotrodders are
                  a sensitive bunch to adverse feedback, take BG carbs for example and the bad mothing that goes around for them.
                  Was the hood bought direct from Harwood or did you get it from a dealer ?
                  If it came from a dealer maybe he could get something done having more clout with Harwood.

I just looked at the Harwood website, no e mail contact there.

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
                    Originally posted by Eliteman76

And if that doesn't work, ask them to send you an envelope full of HARWOOD contingency decals and slather them all over that poor excuse for a hood and let EVERYONE know who built it and then would not stand behind their work.

Ron
                    god I love how this guy thinks - that's an awesome idea. hahahah
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

You can bet that Harwood is having the same problems as Keith Black etc. these days. There may be no one around to answer the phone...

Comment

Originally posted by kso4
                        You can bet that Harwood is having the same problems as Keith Black etc. these days. There may be no one around to answer the phone...
                        Sure there is! His name is Mujibar but will call himself "Hank" and he mans a phone somewhere in Sri Lanka or India.

Ron
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I would just continue to call, and call, and call, and bitch and bitch and bith until they gave me something cool. like a new hood and a new skin for the one i allready broke.

Comment

Guys it's a tough deal here...

I'm very sure the actual guys at Harwood would like to take care of it... but where exactly do you draw the line?

Personally I'd replace the Hood only... and I'd even see if you'd help with shipping...

You guys just gotta know someone out there is thinking... Yep and you'll pay for the 7000dollar mural I had on it and the Gold leaf and so on... so if they buy one guy a Hood on what appears to be a legit issue ( I think I was there when this thing came apart... so I'm pretty dang sure it's a Legit issue ) How bad is the overall liablity exposure...

I hate what our society has done to business in the US... but that's our world today.

Keith

Comment

I definitely agree with what has been suggested.....call'em back, be cool about the deal.

Can't shake hands with a closed fist, man.

Comment

Working...
                              X