X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM-Chrysler Merger?!?!

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...TO01/810100449

This'll be interesting...
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: GM-Chrysler Merger?!?!

.. maybe they'll put a HEMI in the 2010 Z/28 ??

Comment

Just caught this bit of info a few moments ago.

If this does happen, it'll all but guarantee the death of the Viper.

The thought of getting a Jeep with an LS-series engine from the factory does sound enticing.

Would make for strange bedfellows.........and a bit of irony, considering Walter P. worked(and retired) for GM before beginning Chrysler Corp.

Comment

Akk....gurgle......................*

Comment

Unless they keep the operation completely separate, this should be a real mess. There is a LLlloooonnnng history of friction between all 3 of the big 3. When I worked at GMPG, Chevrolet Division, I was also working part time for a Chrysler-Plymouth dealer - used car prep and so on. I bought a new '70 Road Runner, and you would have thought I'd given nuclear secrets to the Russians. The guards promised to keep a close eye on my car in the parking lot so it didn't get keyed (it didn't), but I think they just didn't want to do the paperwork if it did. What's weird is that when I hired in, I had a '68 'Runner, but I guess I got a free pass because I already owned it, but any future purchases were evidently expected to be GM.

Bottom line - they'll have a hell of a time convincing these two groups of workers to get along.

Dan

Comment

A paycheck as opposed to unemployment will also work wonders ..

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
              A paycheck as opposed to unemployment will also work wonders ..
              Very true. And people would rather see these companies come together and be competitive than staying separate and going under.

Comment

This is true.......although you KNOW the General will most likely cherry-pick the Mopar products and kill off the rest.

This does gall me, in a way.....potentially buying up Ma Mopar to save her, and yet they destroyed the quality brand that was Oldsmobile(before the cruel joke that was the 90's through the end)?!

Getting worked up over nothing...no deal has been struck just yet.

Comment

I don't like where this is heading...

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

You and me both, bud.

Comment

the Mopar faithful will be committing hari kari if anything with a pentastar ends up with a LS engine in it.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hara Kiri is right.....hehe

Pontiac Ram anyone? ;)

Comment

Chrysler Camaro. <evil laugh>

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                            the Mopar faithful will be committing hari kari if anything with a pentastar ends up with a LS engine in it.

Me..........It will be the death of Chysler....nothing will be as good as what GM produces...mopars will be transformed into a K-car manufacturer

Comment

Remember, this is IF GM can cough up the money to do it. From what I see, I don't think it'll happen unless Cerebreus pulls some shady stuff...and I see an issue with them trying to take 100% of GMAC through this.

Comment

Working...
                              X