• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 second passes and 35mpg.

Kind of a neat story....

Re: 9 second passes and 35mpg.

Welcome to the club, nice Nova!

A Duramax-powered Mustang......the Ford guys are just screaming about now!

Comment

That rocks! Muscley diesel cars R good.
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Good Stuff...

Comment

I'd have put a powerstroke in it..... but it's all good.

Diesels rock, I wonder if GM really knows how far it killed diesel in the US by trying to convert gas engines to diesel in the late 70's - those things were just horrible. A friend of ours had a pontiac pariseane (sp?) with the diesel. The car was a pale yellow - and the whole back end was always black from soot, not to mention it always sounded like it was going to come apart....
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
            I'd have put a powerstroke in it..... but it's all good.

Diesels rock, I wonder if GM really knows how far it killed diesel in the US by trying to convert gas engines to diesel in the late 70's - those things were just horrible. A friend of ours had a pontiac pariseane (sp?) with the diesel. The car was a pale yellow - and the whole back end was always black from soot, not to mention it always sounded like it was going to come apart....
            powerstroke? I hope not the 6.0.

GM's diesels were actually good engines - they could last a LONG time. The problem with the early ones that ended up in many passenger cars, was that GM completely overestimated the quality of diesel fuel in the early 1980s. They didn't have decent water separation, or multi-stage filtration systems like nowadays, so the slightest water contamination would kill injection pumps, injectors, etc. very rapidly.

There are a ton of people who build them with newer components and get killer mileage and decent power, plus they are relatively lightweight even by today's diesel standards...

And yes, I've drooled a LOT over the Dura-stang contraption. I think it's awesome!
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
              I wonder if GM really knows how far it killed diesel in the US by trying to convert gas engines to diesel in the late 70's - those things were just horrible. A friend of ours had a pontiac pariseane (sp?) with the diesel. The car was a pale yellow - and the whole back end was always black from soot, not to mention it always sounded like it was going to come apart....
              Buddy of mine had one in a Ranch Truck and it wouldn's pull the hat off your head - - POS

He had me drive it during the Houston Livestock Show Trail Ride and I caught every freaking traffic light between Conroe and Houston just trying to get there.

Comment

Has anyone ever heard of someone putting a turbo on one of the Olds diesel motors? Could be interesting.

Comment

I'm a fan of the 7.3 powerstroke specifically - but I have to respect the duramax, and of course the cummins.

Personally, i think the ideal truck would be a ford crew cab F350, with an allison trans and a cummins.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Does that thing belch out the huge black cloud at launch. Maybe it is just me but I find that very cool to watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X