She'd totally kick my ass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She'd totally kick my ass...

Saw this thing the other day and it was love a first sight. I wanted to walk up to the door and offer the owner a couple hundred bucks. How neat would it be with a Cummins or Duramax in it with some kind of nostalgic wedge shaped hauler body on the back?

The photos are kind of wonky because it was pouring rain outside, so I was blasting them from inside my truck.

A man can dream....a man can dream.

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Re: She'd totally kick my ass...

You should at least find out if he is willing to part with it.....What could that hurt?

And if it is reasonable enough.....Why Not....Tell her you "had to do it".....for the site or something....

Or blame it on DF...I do. Hahaha

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

that's an oldie! 48-49? single piece side glass
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

man my grandfather just cut one of those up for scrap....coulda had it for 300 bucks....no one wante it and it was very solid and ran

Comment

Here's my commentary on humanity... your truck pic made me think of these chowderheads...

Guy down the street has his grandfather's '49ish 1.5 ton Chevy flatbed sitting behind his barn. Refuses to part with it. Not smart enough to ever put it IN the barn. It has been there 30+ years, and is now worth zero, because it has sunk 12 inches into the ground, has a tree growing through it, another broke and crunched the roof, and the body is rotted through everywhere. But he's never gonna part with it. Not even to someone who would restore it to period-correct. It'll rot till he dies.

Guy down the street in the other direction has a '60's Healy 3000, parked in his side yard, sitting under a tattered tarp for at least the last 25 years. No softtop left. Won't sell it, won't restore it. Did I mention he owns a garage? Which is full of crap, none of which even comes close to being a vehicle. It'll rot till he dies.

These guys live 3.4 miles from the ATLANTIC OCEAN folks. In NEW ENGLAND. This ain't Tucson, folks. Salt air KILLS.

10 years folks. 10 YEARS is the limit. If you haven't touched your project in 10 years, sell it.

These guys make me furious. I hope I never meet them or learn their names.

Comment

we are all feeling that pain Caveman....I see it all over here in Tucson....I know of a 71 Nova under a bunch of plywood...been there 13 years....the douche that owns it wont part with it.....it was my moms......f-ing tool

Comment

Hey where in Tucson?
              I used to live over near base... still got a few pals around town. Ever seen a silver & red chopped '79 El Camino at the 'strip? That's my bud, Scotty. He's got it down to 11's and change with spray.
              There's somebody over on the east side of base with a '67-'69 Camaro convertible that has at LEAST 15 years of dust/birdcrap on it. It's sitting in a carport. Probly a retiree currently residing in a nursing home... oh, well. At least its in the desert. Up here, a car outdoors is more like a felony...

Comment

Got get it Brian. Remember it's easier to beg for forgiveness then it is to ask for permission. ;)
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Bob is right. Buy her a dozen roses to give her when you pull into the yard with it.
                  Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Brian
                    I think we were cut from the same cloth - I've had similar thoughts about similar rigs. A buddy of mine had a 58 ford fire truck - I was thinking of taking off the fire truck bed and making it a hauler - with a 7.3 powerstroke of course...

I don't think the truck is worth your marriage, but, it's a damned cool old truck.

Caveman - I am 100% with you, totally - as an old boss of mine used to say "we are of the same mind" folks that keep stuff just to watch it rot are hopeless fools.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

The guy I bought my '68 Mustang GT from up in Saginaw also has this truck. I think he was looking to sell, but I have no idea what he wanted for it. At least it's inside.

He's got an '80 Camaro Z-28 too, and he knows he's not going to finish either one now, so he decided it's time for them to go.

I've got a lot of project cars, and I think I've got more than I can expect to ever finish now. They're all stored inside, so it's not like they're rotting in the woods, but I'm having a hard time letting go of a couple and posting them for sale. I think I'm using the poor economy as an excuse.

Comment

I came very close to dragging home a SWEET '55 Chev flatbed similar to that a couple years ago. The seller owed me some money too, and offered to give it to me for a hundred less than he paid for it. The thing was in incredible shape, an old farm truck that had been well cared for.

His wife found out he was selling it for less than he paid (...it was a fair deal, considering all...) and put a stop to that. We later discontinued doing business, I could never tell if I was working with the guy, or working with his unseen wife working through him. In any case, it was impossible.

Last year's San Diego wildfires consumed both their house, and the truck. Oh well.

Comment

Go get it. This isn't a good pick of the truck, but it looks like it's not too far away from what's on there now.

sigpic

Comment

Holy drag race Cheetah bat man!

Know anything about that car?

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

1/4" of lip between the rear tire well and the door !

Damn !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X