She'd totally kick my ass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: She'd totally kick my ass...

The body shop where I was working on my Javelin had a complete early 40’s international. I wanted it bad! Luckily for me and my marriage, a friend bought it so I don’t need to continually try and figure out how to secretly buy it with money I don’t have.

I always thought an old cab like that would be cool on a slammed 90’s Dodge/Cummins dually chassis (with AC).
    Behind the cab would be a big white box toy hauler deal or a flat-bed. The body shop I work with is really into trucks so they would totally get into the project with me.

Anyone else think Cheetahs are cooler than Cobras?

Comment

In drag race trim like that one yes!

Here's the Harr Ford Shelby Cobra drag race car:

On the road course I'm a sucker for the Shelby Daytonas.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Unfortunately no, it was just a pick that I grabbed off the web when we were talking about them.

How about an action shot...

sigpic

Comment

God that is AWESOME!

Bonus points....who can decipher the A/MSP on the window? Find your inner dork.

Brian

Comment

Altered Modified Sports Production.....Just Guessing.

I LOVE Cheetah's.....The cobra of the chevy world......So cool.

Not to mention the fact that the trans bolted directly to the rear end because the engine was set back so far....

Seth
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

before you guys get too excited about those nifty old truck cabs on modern running gear....see how you fit in there. There isn't much room, especially after you install a comfortable seat.

Probably ok if you're under 5'-6"

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Oh, alright Jim, I'll have to get by with a huffed BBC...he he.

Brian

Comment

Ever seen a fastback Nova?

Bill Thomas who built the Cheetah had a back door deal with GM to build some road racing cars. He built four 1962-63 Novas with IRS and Corvette 327's to go SCCA racing.

SCCA banned the cars before they ever hit the track, so Thomas was stuck with four (some say six) of these weirdo looking Novas. Luckily, drag racers like Dick Harrell and Hubert Platt wanted the bodies and took them to make early funny cars. Talk about strange looking. The roofs were fiberglass.

Supposedly a couple of them still exist today. I've only seem them in old photos.

Seth, very close A is just an A/Modified Sports Production. Good Work.

Here are some shots of the Novas. They got passed around so we may be looking at photos of the same car in different paint! Now you've learned something today (unless you knew about these already).

Comment

Can I have one? I'm 5'5" since shrinking 1 1/2".

Dan

Originally posted by squirrel
                    before you guys get too excited about those nifty old truck cabs on modern running gear....see how you fit in there. There isn't much room, especially after you install a comfortable seat.

Probably ok if you're under 5'-6"

Comment

Would be cool, but most likely has more rust issues than it's worth.

Leg room is at a premium in these things...I'm only 5'10", most of my height is in my legs....hell, I feel (slightly)cramped in a modern Peterbilt cab with the seat all the way back.

Stretch the rear of the cab.......the cabover versions ROCK.

Comment

Working...
                      X