Dyno guesses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno guesses?

Ok so it will be a wek or two before I actually hit the chassis dyno, but I thought I'd throw my combination out there and see what everybody thinks.....

355 cid
    steel crank
    BME aluminum rods
    12:1 compression
    255-ish @ .050 solid cam, .560 lift
    Dart 230cc heads flowed 286/189
    Victor Jr Intake
    750 carb
    MSD ignition
    Hooker Super Comp headers
    Borla 3.5-inch mufflers

It's kind of thrown together, I really need a bigger cam and carb for the heads I have, but hey, the engine was cheap. I figure it should be 450-500 on engine, but the TH400 trans and 4500rpm stall converter will probably soak up a lot of that. I'm thinking 360rwhp or so? Think I'm ballpark? It's a nitrous motor anyhow so I doubt I'll see real good numbers on motor....I'm just curious.

Re: Dyno guesses?

I will guess, 350 at the wheels if its a mustang dyno and 380 if its a dyno jet

Comment

Comment

ok i will bite on this one

315-330

sorry im a low baller hope it higher

Comment

Should make about 440 at the crank, 360 at the wheels.

Comment

300 at the wheels.....I am going to guess low that way you don't get disappointed.

Seth
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

(not enuff info but heres my 02):460ish hp...370 hp at wheels on dynojet...converter is too loose for good numbers down low...those are big ports for a 355...

al
                "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

355 wheels

Comment

343 @ teh wheels

Comment

Jason, whose dyno are you going to use? Westech?

I'd say, with that converter expect 36-38% loss to the wheels, on a superflow or mustang chassis dynamometer. So I predict:

Mustang/Superflow: 307
                      Dynojet: 520

-scott
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek

I'd say, with that converter expect 36-38% loss to the wheels, on a superflow or mustang chassis dynamometer. So I predict:

-scott
                        I don't think Dynojets are that far off LOL. The Ford that made 290rwhp on the dyno at Spectre made 287-ish on DC Performance (the viper guys) Dynojet. I'm figuring about 30% losses with the loose converter, but you may be right, it may be more. The same 290rwhp truck did 306 at Westech so yeah they're numbers are always a little higher compared to everyone else. Me, I'm going to DC, since they are only about 5 miles away from my house, and they're pretty cool cats.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonQuartermile
                          Originally posted by dieselgeek

-scott
                          I don't think Dynojets are that far off LOL. The Ford that made 290rwhp on the dyno at Spectre made 287-ish on DC Performance (the viper guys) Dynojet. I'm figuring about 30% losses with the loose converter, but you may be right, it may be more. The same 290rwhp truck did 306 at Westech so yeah they're numbers are always a little higher compared to everyone else. Me, I'm going to DC, since they are only about 5 miles away from my house, and they're pretty cool cats.

The point to the dynojet number was that they are not real world.

For true numbers go to a mustang or a superflow they are real world.

Comment

a 30%-38% is about right.

Comment

I'm gonna say 335ish. Here's why:

My friend had practically the exact combo in his 355 drag camino, only with a TH350 and 4.56's... His spit 335 to the rear.
                              Funny thing is, when the motor was built, the builder put it on his ancient engine dyno, and threw 622 on a 100 shot. THAT dyno was optimistic. The next motor that guy built ate itself when the rockers hit the stud girdle. Turns out that wasn't the only health issue that motor had... go figure.

Oh, and your rear gear, driveshaft weight, and wheel/tire weight will also affect the rwhp.

Comment

Working...
                              X