damn 700r4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: damn 700r4

I guess i would be looking at the reluctor gear, never really heard it called that, so can i heat it up and pull it off, and it will go right on the shaft of the other trans? the gear i am referring to is about 2 inches in dia. and has alot of teeth ( didnt count) about 1/2 wide and metal. its in the spot i would assume powered the speed sensor.

Comment

Probably easier to replace it with a new one. GM# 24202711
      The number may have changed but thats what I have in my parts book.
      They don't cost much.
      I call it a reluctor gear but it's called a rotor in the book.

Comment

do you think that if i got the vss module for that speed sensor and wire it in, it would operate normally?

Comment

Not sure what your saying.
          Can't you put a new reluctor gear on and reuse your original sensor and wiring? You can buy a new sensor if you broke the original.

Comment

the caprice runs a vss module that mounts internal the car that converts the ac signal to square signal, the normal sensor justr has square signal, so what it seems is that i should be able to wire that in and everything be ok.

Comment

ok after 2 hours of deciphering diagrams and wiring, i came up empty handed, i have the wrong speedo head for the system i wired, but my converter outta lock up now. my speedo uses 2 wires to read and the module only has one. oh well, looks like i am going to end up replacing that reluctor, hopefully i can get it farely inexpensive, i just really didnt want to tear out the drive shaft and tail housing again

Comment

so i found a trans parts supplier call "transtar" the reluctor wheel with shipping is a whopping $10.45. so all this time i spent wiring was a waste

Comment

Yeah, and you can get it at a GM dealer too. Probably not much more than $10. Could be less.
                  Transtar is was one of our main suppliers till I realized they raised their prices on us after they merged with another company (Axiom). I found out by checking dealers prices and found them to be less expensive then what I was paying Transtar. We've delt with Transtar for over 30 years and that's how they treat us. >

Comment

thats nuts, my buddy used them for some other hard parts in one of his tranny's so i figured it couldnt hurt, the dealer here with my wholesale discount wanted 13 and i had to go get it, this way its coming right to my door

Comment

Working...
                    X