• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Re: A little more of Americana in the Valley

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    no tacos ?
    is all american burger still open ? I remember eating in one in santa monica in 1991
    The last All American Burger was on Sunset Bl in West Hollywood. It closed a year ago.

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

no tacos ?
    is all american burger still open ? I remember eating in one in santa monica in 1991

Leave a comment:

• tiresmoke!
    replied

If I ever make it to Californee, I'm using you and the lead Junkies as tour guides....

That restaurant looks to be in damn good shape. Wonder why it shut dwn to begin with?

Leave a comment:

• 383S-10
    replied

I'm speechless..........

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    started a topic A little more of Americana in the Valley

A little more of Americana in the Valley

Out on San Fernando Rd in Sun Valley, CA just north of Burbank sits Cadillac Jacks Cafe and Drive-In and the Pink Motel. Just a half mile away from Whiteman AFB, these were both built in days just following WWII. The motel is still in business and has some semi permanent residents, but the Cadillac Jacks closed in 1990. It stopped serving burgers and shakes, but it still gets used in dozens of photo, video, movie and TV shoots quite regularly. I was there today for a photo shoot with a very sweet, funny, and gorgeous stand up comedian/actress, Whitney Cummings. She was there doing a shoot for an upcoming Entertainment Weekly. Everyone was low key and didn't mind me taking some pics of the place while they were eating lunch.

This place could open up for business tomorrow. All it needs is the grill fired up and some food in the fridge.

In the back is the drive in part. Can you imagine a bunch of car hops serving kids in 50's cars?

There was a tiny garage attached to the back of the restaurant and this beauty was hiding in there.

Pink Motel. The guy that owns these places owns more than 100 classic cars that he rents out to the production companies. This 56 Dodge Lancer was parked in front of the Motel. There was a 55 Chevy parked in back in need of a resto.

Working...
X