Car Tweak Hell (just a rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Tweak Hell (just a rant)

I'm at the "F**K it, I'm done" phase in my usual cycle of working on cars this week. It's been a rough one...I'm biting a LOT of anger back right now and I'm trying my damndest to not go kick the shit out of the Camaro.

CAMARO: Nothing has happened. Not a damn thing. Three Craigslist ads, for $900, $800, and $600, and not one fkn buyer. I'm choking back all my rage about this and I'm pretty much giving it away for $200 to some kid who wouldn't know WTF to do with it, he just wants it. It makes me sick, but it's eating my insurance and it's almost up on it's base pass, it's gotta go. Still runs fine, still drives except both front tires blew out due to dryrot, so now I'm betting the rears are just waiting to go.

CHEVELLE: Something died. I drove it into work so a co-worker could take a look at it, apparently the car committed hara-kiri instead of being sold. It'll crank all day long, but won't fire, has fuel. Coil and dist. are Mallory pieces, I've got no spark with a plug and the rotor turns fine. No money to replace the $360 dist. or the $110 coil...and I don't know which one decided to crap out.

DODGE: Stalled project.

MONTE CARLO: At least it runs for now...
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: Car Tweak Hell (just a rant)

mallory distributor means find a stock GM dist, stab it in and get it running again.

That sucks, sorry I'm too far away to help....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Junkyard HEI, like squirrel said.

Comment

Comment

I feel you....Tomorrow will hopefully be better.

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
          X