Did anyone ever win or did they ever give away the "Chubster"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone ever win or did they ever give away the "Chubster"

Back when Boyd was still on Tv building cars, remember when they built for O'Reilys auto parts the 57 Chevy called the "chubster"

well, tonight they pimped it like the Boyd people still owned it and it crossed the block on Barrett Jackson and "sold" for 125,000 ..whats odd about that is O'reilys sold tickets for a buck wonder how many people got slammed on that deal ?

I looked on the net could not find much info and this auction car was bid to 200k and never met reserve looks like in May it was never given away

ps
    I want my 1.00 back , cause I bought a ticket ..
    sigpic

Re: Did anyone ever win or did they ever give away the "Chubster"

Yes it was given away.....I believe there was a link at Oreillys.....and I think a guy in Mississippi won it........now I believe it is for sale

That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Up for sale, to the highest bidder over $325,000 ...

.. I didn't know the drugs were so good in Jackson, Mississippi !!

Comment

well, if it was given away .. then why did it cross the block last night at Barrett Jackson with a group of cars all done by Boyd at the same time and rep'd by the Boyd crew then as well

sigpic

Comment

tony pisano sold his boyd's built 39 zephyr at barrett jackson a couple of years ago
          got 330,000 for it , I am sure it cost more than that to build

Comment

You know, I can understand extenuating circumstances, so I'm gonna preface this response with that statement of fact..

However, it seems like 99% of folks that win these giveaways put'em up for sale almost immediately after receiving them(1Cheapstreet being a notable exception.....makes me feel good knowing those kind of folks get to enjoy that car).

Why enter to win the damn things if you have no intention of keeping them? Sure there's the money aspect of it, but even then, some of these people ain't exactly on the bread line either.

Comment

Yeah taxes would have to be paid before it rolled.........depending on the accessed value it could be a lot........around here I remember a guy from Ft Payne AL winning a Hummer(that is the vehicle guys ) off his McDonalds cup....it sat in his yard for a month and never drove it on the street just because he couldn't afford the taxes on it......and its accessed value was over $80,000. Sometimes that happens.............
              That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

you dont have to pay right away in some cases...I guess it depends on the contest.....some you can claim on your income tax....thats how the price is right does it anyway....buddy of mine won a bunch of vacations in the showcase show down....20K worth or so....all on his income tax.....went to Italy, Germany, Hawaii and Cancun....sorry rambling off topic... :D

Comment

The guy who won the street rod GoodGuys gave away this year in Columbus sold it back, and they are going to give it away again in 2009.

Given my current financial situation, if I were to win a car that could be sold for $100k or even "just" $30k, I would be foolish not to sell the car and pay my mortgage down. Its not like its a car I built or anything; if it was I couldn't sell it.
                  The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I would sell it in a minute, pay the taxes buy something sweet that I could drive and show off and pocket the change. I have tons of respect for these cars but I would never do it justice. It would need to be stored in a glass case. I would have door dings in it and the wheel wells would be full of the BFG's.

Comment

im the opposite...i would pay the taxes and drive the snot out of it....

Comment

Working...
                      X