Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technology is getting better every day!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technology is getting better every day!!!

Pocket Dyno via Apple's new iPhone.

InMotion PocketDyno Lite

NOTE: We're aware that the current calibration screen is really confusing. Therefore people are not using it, causing inaccurate results. A new version is in review with a new calibration screen that should be much easier to use.

Bring your car to a complete stop. Press PocketDyno's Quickstart button. Accelerate! Pointless? Well, maybe to some...

...but if get it, welcome to the world of drag racing. It's all about launching skills, shifting skills, traction and horsepower. PocketDyno Lite will test you and your machine. The score is 0 to 60 time, maximum acceleration, maximum horsepower, and distance traveled. This isn't a game you play on the couch - this is the real deal.

With PocketDyno Lite you can measure:

* Estimated horsepower
    * 0 to 60 mph and/or 0 to 100 km/h time
    * Max G's, velocity, and distance
    * Imperial or metric results based on locale

For the real performance enthusiast:

Try our free app, then go check out PocketDyno+ for even more great features and flexibility. For a limited time its on sale for about half the cost of a gallon of gas.

Note about accuracy:
    PocketDyno uses the iPhone's accelerometer, which measures motion. So for accurate results you must:

* Run the calibration to get accurate results.
    * mount or secure the device in your car so that it does not move during a run
    * Make sure you are at a complete stop when you tap the Quickstart button
    * Accelerate in a straight line on level ground.

* Accurate HP readings require the exact weight of your vehicle, including driver, passengers, fuel, and junk in the trunk. Since PocketDyno uses a rough estimate of vehicle weight, HP is a rough estimate, good for comparing between runs. For more accurate readings try PocketDyno+.

Remember street racing is dangerous and illegal. Please use this software responsibly.
    What's new

* Bug fixes
    * New and easier to use calibration screen
    * Now detects and reports malfunctioning accelerometer hardware that previously caused app to fail. This problem has been observed on a small number of iPod touch devices.

Re: Technology is getting better every day!!!

A virtual dyno in a cellphone?

What the hell are they gonna come up with next............

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
      A virtual dyno in a cellphone?

What the hell are they gonna come up with next............

Yeah - guess who I feel bad for: those guys that make the G-Force meter that does the same thing but costs like $200....

Comment

well, one catch to that...you have to have an iPhone first.

Myself, I'd put the money in the car and go to the strip....the G-Tech thing is interesting,though.

I wonder how accurate those things actually are?

Subject for another topic, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
          I wonder how accurate those things actually are?
          They are usually within +/- a tenth or two(or three). I've seen them tested in many mags over the years...

Comment

Working...
          X